Myers Briggs - who are you REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

We had a detailed report done just two weeks ago based on "Discovery Insights", very similar to Myers Briggs/Jung Personality Profiling.

This free one on the web gave exactly the same result, although not as detailed report.

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

Its very interesting, especially for directors/business partners. Helps work out how to communicate with each other etc.

I'm ENFP and its scarily accurate.

Portrait of an ENFP

What do you know about yourself?

(you can Google your 4-letter code and get a personality profile)

Satanta

Some scarily accurate results there.

I tried it personally, getting a very appropriate ENFJ, after David mentioned it a little earlier on Twitter. Then passed it on to a few family members/friends, all getting equally as accurate profiles (ranging across the entire spectrum).

I normally find these type of profile tests or aptitude tests fairly pointless and of little value. This one, very impressive. Cheers for sharing link8r.

Tom

I got INTJ which is apparently a mastermind, I should just go to bed early today and this day on a high :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I did it last night, but can't remember what I got ..

I wasn't happy with a lot of the questions as my answers would have been "other" or "it depends on the day of the week"

MOH

I'd agree, I found a lot of the questions weren't really yes/no, and others were a bit too vague.

Satanta

I'd agree, I found a lot of the questions weren't really yes/no, and others were a bit too vague.
While I agree with both MOH and blacknight, the questions themselves are a touch frustrating at times, the results themselves still seem eerily accurate once completed.

I think it's a case of disengage the thought process, answer them on initial reaction or gut instinct and have a little fun with it.

link8r

Maybe this might help put it context:

we did a very professional course just two weeks ago - and the results were exactly the same. They are tough and they are annoying - because you have to decide. You can easily find yourself going (Well in some situations) - and that's the point. Its not a capability test, its a personality test. Outside of a normal situation - where will you revert to?

Obviously in your jobs or roles, as a team leader or manager, you have set existing practices that guide you. This test shows what your personality is like at rest - or where you'll pop back to.

Training, experience and time will change how you cope and react - but in a new situation where you don't have experience or training, your personality will revert back.

Status
Not open for further replies.