Namesco Nameserver change

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzjazz

I got an email from Namesco on Friday regarding a change in IP address for a nameserver, ns2.hosting365.ie and informing me I needed to change The IP address for my aliased nameserver in the Server Alias section of the Emanager in my control panel (H-sphere).

However, when I view the server alias page, I can delete the nameserver, not edit it.

I have called Namesco support, been on hold for a loooong time, only to talk to someone who hadn't a clue and is going to call me back. Right!

So in the meantime, I can delete the ns2 nameserver from the server alias page and I can set up a new A record called ns2.blahblah.com in the DNS manager. Is this the correct way to do this? DOn't want to mess up so am reluctant to make any changes myself.

Thanks,

Barry

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You'll probably need to update the glue records via the registrar as well

eg. if your namesevers were ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com - you'd need to let the registrar for domain.com know that the IP addresses had changed

bazzjazz

I'll check that out also, thanks.

As it turns out, I don't need to make those changes myself after all... but the IP address will be changing so I'll check the glue records with the registrar.

thanks.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.