Namesco.....On a good note

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I think its only fare that as I have complained about namesco so much that I put up a good response when I get one.

Today I posted a support ticket to Namesco/register365 with relation to domain renewals.
The problem I have is that you can only renew .com domains every two years. This is a problem for me as a reseller and I brought this to there attention and asked that they do 1 year billing.

Here is the reply I got back (within 1 hour, could have been less but I was out)

Hi Alan
We understand your question completely. We are making some modifications this afternoon so all your TLD domain names are set to 1yr products.
I advise you allow us today to get this done for you and maybe log in again tomorrow lunch time, by which time they should have been updated.
Thank you for your enquiry. Have a lovely day.
Kind Regards,
Jason Smith
Operations Director
Namesco Ireland Limited

I hope the chap doesn't mind me including his name as this is a good post :D

Treating clients like this will change the opinion people are getting of namesco.

They need a lot more like this guy, well do Jason.

nevf

Well done to Jason. Not often that I see a good Namesco post around the house these days....

neweb

Yes, I noticed that Stephen,

Its good to see this finally arrive.

On the same note as my first post here, I received a call today (out of the blue) with relation to my 2 year billing issue. The billing period has changed to 1 year but the pricing was 2 year.... A small hiccup. I pointed this out to them in another post (the ticket automatically reopened) and that's when I received my call about this issue.

This is the type of service that will keep people happy. Anyone can provide hosting, looking after your customers is just as important.

On another note,
I transferred my personal domain to Blacknight on Sunday, I had an issue with one of the domains and had to submit a support ticket. There response was very quick. In fact they replied twice, once to answer my question and the second time to tell me they have sorted things out from there end so there was nothing else for me to do but wait for the transfer to complete. A very reassuring response to my first contact with them.

Jabberwocky

I think its only fare that as I have complained about namesco so much that I put up a good response when I get one.

Today I posted a support ticket to Namesco/register365 with relation to domain renewals.
The problem I have is that you can only renew .com domains every two years. This is a problem for me as a reseller and I brought this to there attention and asked that they do 1 year billing.

Here is the reply I got back (within 1 hour, could have been less but I was out)

I hope the chap doesn't mind me including his name as this is a good post :D

Treating clients like this will change the opinion people are getting of namesco.

They need a lot more like this guy, well do Jason.
lol. You're thanking them for offering the exact same service as every other domain name registrar on the face of the planet?

hosting365

Have you used every other domain name registrar on the face of the planet?

Decent support/service is a lot less common than you might think.

Jabberwocky

Have you used every other domain name registrar on the face of the planet?

Decent support/service is a lot less common than you might think.
Oh you're back. I wasn't referring to the support, I was referring to the ability to register a domain for one year at a time.

neweb

lol. You're thanking them for offering the exact same service as every other domain name registrar on the face of the planet?

While they where setting up the new system it only allowed you to register a .com domain for 2 year periods.

When I pointed out to them how this would effect my business and the way I charge customers, they changed the system to work for me and they done it in a matter of days.

That’s good customer service.

I will complain if I get a bad service but I will also complement if they give a good service.
Support can be a thankless job when you help people out, even if you go beyond the call of duty!
It can also be a pain in the bum if you get something wrong, then you hear from everyone.

If you ask someone to address an issue and they do it with a smile then its only polite to say thankyou.

While register365 was still a part of hosting365 Colm was a great help to me and I have said this publicly on more then one occasion……. Are you telling me I shouldn’t because I gave them money :confused:

Jabberwocky

While they where setting up the new system it only allowed you to register a .com domain for 2 year periods.
So it took them only a couple of days to offer the same service as every other hosting company on the planet, as opposed acting like they are the only company in the universe that offers domain registrations?

That’s good customer service.
lol

While register365 was still a part of hosting365 Colm was a great help to me
I wonder where poor Colm is now the company has been sold... Since he doesn't work for pennies in former soviet states, I fear he fares not so well.

hosting365

I wonder where poor Colm is now the company has been sold... Since he doesn't work for pennies in former soviet states, I fear he fares not so well.

Well, for a start he's sitting across the floor from me, happily working as an account manager for Hosting365.com - and our entire Polish team are also still employed. Not a single member of staff was let go from hosting365 following the sale in May last year. (for the record).

Other than them being a good customer, we have no other connection with namesco.

Jabberwocky

Well, for a start he's sitting across the floor from me, happily working as an account manager for Hosting365.com - and our entire Polish team are also still employed. Not a single member of staff was let go from hosting365 following the sale in May last year. (for the record)
Interesting how everyone managed to pick up an English accent so.

Tell me, I seem to recall you burbling about being excited with the new developments Namesco was going to bring to the Irish hosting market. From your lofty vantage point there did you happen to notice that they were going to try illegally charging people for their EPP keys, their own property? Or was that one of the developments you were excited about?

hosting365

I can't comment on another company's actions, choices or policies as I neither have visbility nor control over them.

You made the point that Colm or others might have been laid off - I simply told you no - he works (still) for hosting365.

The English accents you are hearing are no doubt Namesco staff - again - nothing to do with hosting365, or the staff that work here.

@paul - again, I know namesco are currently deploying their new platform, but other than that I have no more information that you.

Jabberwocky

I can't comment on another company's actions, choices or policies as I neither have visbility nor control over them.
You seemed to have a lot to say about them previously however.

You made the point that Colm or others might have been laid off - I simply told you no - he works (still) for hosting365.
Was he not working for register 365 though? What happened to the staff that were with that company?

hosting365

Register365 was a division of Hosting365, not a seperate company. All the staff who were working for that division when the sale completed in May are still Hosting365 employees.

hosting365

And all I ever said about Namesco was that they were good guys, who had good plans for the service, which I stand over.

Beyond that, if you have an issue, raise it with them directly - they are very open to feedback and deal very professionally with complaints and concerns.

Jabberwocky

And all I ever said about Namesco was that they were good guys, who had good plans for the service, which I stand over.
Well so far they have managed to slap 40% on the price of domain names, and then introduce an illegal penalty for anyone trying to move their domain names, and it wouldn't surprise me if they'll be hitting the front pages of slashdot, fark and boingboing before too long. I have that feeling.

Now you were talking about their good plans for the service before they made these two suicidal maneuvers, so enlighten us please as to which of the above qualifies as "good" in your country.

If you're going to start wandering off talking about software upgrades, don't waste your fingers. I can do now what I could do a year ago with their web interfaces, beyond that I couldn't give a toss.

Beyond that, if you have an issue, raise it with them directly - they are very open to feedback and deal very professionally with complaints and concerns.
No I think I'll deal with it where it belongs, out in the open and warning the rest of the world not to deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.