New Trad Music Site: Feedback and Publicity Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonhall

Hello all,

I recently launched TradTune.com, a database of traditional (folk) tunes from Ireland, the U.K., and elsewhere. It is based on the user-generated content model, and allows registered users to add new tunes and modify existing ones. There are several well-established sites out there with similar functionality, many of which I have used in the past, but I decided to create a new site with a number of features that I felt were important but were missing from those other sites (tune transposition, easy printing of scores, better playback features, etc.).

I'm posting about my new site for a number of reasons. First, I'd like to have some feedback on it, and I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism. Due to limited resources, I haven't been able to test the site thoroughly on a wide range of systems, so I'd like to hear how everything looks/works for you on your particular system. I designed this site to be compatible with Firefox 2+, Chrome, Safari 3+, and IE 6+. In particular, I've received a bug report from a Mac/Safari user who stated that the tune playback feature wasn't working for him and froze his browser; I want to know if other users of Safari on Mac experience the same issue. Any other comments concerning the site's appearance and functionality would be appreciated as well.

Here's a tune page that you can take a look at (to save you the trouble of browsing/searching for a tune): Si Beag Si Mor

Secondly, Since this site's content is user-created, I am really in need of users to add content. The database is very limited right now, and I need contributors to add to it. So, if anyone here operates a blog or other website whose visitors might benefit from my site, I'd really appreciate if you could mention/link to my site. (I'm not really interested in link exchanges, as I've found that they just lead to link pages cluttered with irrelevant links. I much prefer writing about sites that I feel are relevant for my visitors without expecting a link in return and hope that others will do the same with regards to my sites.) Mentioning my site on your Facebook/Twitter/etc. page would be great too if you feel that your friends/followers might be interested. If anyone has any other suggestions about how I could get publicity for my site, those would be appreciated as well. I've already done the usual: submitted a sitemap to Google and Yahoo, sent emails to a few bloggers asking them to review or at least link to my site, posted links in a couple of relevant places on the web, etc.

Thanks for reading this and for any help that you can give me!

J. Hall
TradTune.com Webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.