OpenCoffee Club in Dublin 22 March 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoghanmccabe

Hi guys,

Just a quick note for those that might be interested. There'll be a small get-together of web / business people in The Morisson Hotel tomorrow morning. Details here.

OpenCoffee Clubs are informal meetups of people working on the web, doing business on the web and those hoping to invest in web businesses. There have been dozens of OpenCoffee Clubs all over the world and they're spreading fast. There was one in Cork last week. This is the second one in Dublin.

Any questions, feel free to post them here or on my blog. Hope to see a few of you guys there!

eoghanmccabe

I know... and that's actually a problem. There are some great people I'd love to have there that are simply stuck in their day jobs. We'll have to get a weekend event going.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Mornings are a really bad idea if you expect to get anyone semi-serious - they'll already be at one of their jobs.

If you had it outside office hours even during the week you'd probably get a better turnout

Cormac

Thats my problem and I would have went as I live right beside the hotel. Ah well maybe next time.

OT...is that Smithfield by chance? What's the location where you are like?
I'm looking to move to a more central spot.

ph3n0m

To be honest I always thought that small gatherings like that would have benefitted from a more "lets-get-food-and-beverages-after-work-special"

eoghanmccabe

To be honest I always thought that small gatherings like that would have benefitted from a more "lets-get-food-and-beverages-after-work-special"

I think you may be right. The original OpenCoffee idea was all about connecting web entrepreneurs with VCs; both of these types of people don't have regular day jobs!

It has worked very well so far but the groups have been small: about 10 in Dublin, 20 in Cork. London's first event get about 100!

I think I'll organise one on a Saturday or after office hours. Which would work best, do you think?

figment

Would love to but i am interviewing admin people to hopefully make my life easier and free up some time to go to these things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.