OSX update 10.5.5 has killed my MAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
At least I think it has ... (I updated last night and now its doing funny things ... that'll teach me to be an early adopter)

Just to let you know its no longer working ... that said I was using it on lower range ports (80) instead of the defaults it gives you

Forbairt

and my day just got worse ...

an upgrade of MAMP ... decided to wipe a number of dev databases I had .. of course it doesn't move files over ... it wipes them ...

luckily the backup has most of it ... just not the ****ing ecommerce shop I was working on locally.

*sighs*

On a different note Fusion 2.0 was released last night

Forbairt

the update caused MAMP to stop working ... of that I'm pretty sure.

I upgraded MAMP to 1.7.2 ? I think ... and well it works now ... unfortunately it wiped by database directory ... and yes the commerce shop wasn't the only thing I lost ...

Why oh Why must I do these things ... :(

I assumed moving things in would overwrite existing files ... and leave existing .. boy oh boy was I wrong :(

of course me being me ... don't have those bits backed up (dev databases) ... so .. KERBLAM ... life just got really ****ed up for the next 2 weeks :(

bkenny

I'm definitely one of those early adopters aswell. I've just recently moved to a MacBook Pro. I love the thing, but after your comments I don't think I'm going to let the software update run it's course without reading up on the update first. Feed back especially.

Thanks for the heads up.

Forbairt

To be honest ... this was part the upgrade broke the ports working on 1.7.1 (as I'm using mysql / apache default ports rather than the mamp defaults) and part stupidity on my part so I wouldn't worry too much about it ... just backup the database files ... any changes to the config files you've made and your htdocs folder .. when you go to upgrade mamp and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.