Photo touchups ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Its funny I saw all the various touch up videos online before .. and thought my god thats quite tricky to do ...

Today a friend asked me for a hand on an image they were working on .. and they wanted to "slim" down a bit ...

in about 3 minutes I'd touched up the image to this

as I said its 3 minutes work .. and rough but it really does make me wonder about all the magazines out there and the "perfect" models we see

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I might be calling on you soon so :)

Forbairt

I was already thinking ... of the pros and cons of my new years resolution diet .. :D ...

Diet .. Vrs. .. Photoshop :D

Forbairt

bloody hell thats impressive ... I just couldn't believe how easy it was to do some of the things ...

I've seen some tutorials on the skin smoothing what he has done is quite impressive ... I think it'd be handy if I get my graphic tablet sooner rather than later :)

jennyrusks

You shouldn't believe ANY pictures you see in the glossy mags. Everything is retouched, men and women, usually to make them look better but in some of the trashier magazines they put in sweat patches, spots, even hairier pits to make the celebs look worse!

I do a fair amount of retouching work, whitening eyes and teeth, removing blemishes and as Forbairt says some of it can be done really quickly but some certainly takes a good while. I think some of the work on the Intrigue site would have taken a while.

There was a big fuss just a while ago when Country, ahem, "Superstar" Faith Hill was completely retouched and you'd have to wonder why, she looked better before IMHO. When Photoshop attacks … : Laughing Lion Design : Web, Graphic Design & Illustration Ireland

And then there was the Kate Winslett incident in GQ where they stretched her legs and made her slimmer. Digital Arts - Features - The golden touch

If you haven't seen the Dove Real Beauty campaign ad before, this is worth a look.
YouTube - Dove - Artificial Beauty Time Lapse

Status
Not open for further replies.