Status
Not open for further replies.

hosting365

To be fair, as you can independently verify from even status blogs, r365 uptime is as good as, if not better on average than any other provider. As for the 'foreigner' argument, more hosting from ireland gets placed with UK and US providers than is placed in total with irish based providers... At the end of the day, online services are a global market, entirely down to consumer choice.

Byron

At the end of the day, online services are a global market, entirely down to consumer choice.

I'll agree with that, until people learn price/quality work in tandum with IT services, that will always be the case.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I know for a fact that reg365 DNS details are fast approaching 80k

If you use the old trick of claiming all the resellers DNS as being your own - then maybe, but the zonefile data doesn't lie ...

Of course the thing that I fail to understand is why you spend so much of your time defending register365 then claiming that hosting365 has nothing to with them (and whinging when people confuse the two) - yet you still seem able to provide intimate and possibly confidential details about their operations on a public forum ...

Odd that.

hosting365

Ah put the handbag away Michele. Of course I'm going to defend something I spent 8 years building, even if it is in new ownership now.

colmerg

Of course the thing that I fail to understand is why you spend so much of your time defending register365 then claiming that hosting365 has nothing to with them (and whinging when people confuse the two) - yet you still seem able to provide intimate and possibly confidential details about their operations on a public forum ...

Beautifully put Michele

link8r

If you use the old trick of claiming all the resellers DNS as being your own - then maybe, but the zonefile data doesn't lie ...

Odd that.

A question I've been asking too...nobody is agreeing with you - including paying customers of theirs! If a companies customers can't agree then who is left that matters?

hosting365

Well, I'll take the fact that register365 is still more than 4 times larger than their next competitor in the irish market, and the 1,500 (net of churn) websites that sign up every month as agreement then :) (which can easily be verified by the zonefiles) (as I'm not likely to find any on a blacknight forum :))

As Michele has so eloquently put it, it's not my fight any more, so rather than try assist former customers or provide some balance to the discussion, I will desist from any future comment on Register365.

harlemangel

It is clear that there are serious issues at the moment in Reg365, and as I said before I was willing to put up with some of the intermittant problems that used to happen in the 'old' days, but over the last year I have had nothing but stress from dealing with 365's issues, and getting no help from them in the slightest.

To address one of your points H365, it is true that R365 is the largest but I know that for a lot of my friends who work in the industry, it is sometimes easier to try and put up with the problems rather than having to transfer away from R365. For companies that have a large of amount of clients it is a mammoth task, which could span months.

And ~anyone~ that I have spoken to who is in the know when it comes to hosting, even if they have never used 365, is aware of the sh.it service that is provided.

Being the biggest doesnt always mean being the best! Could it be that they have so many customers that they are thin on the ground when it comes to support? This has certainly been my experience over the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.