Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Just an FYI ... R365 don't offer backups the same way anymore. Backups are available for 1 day only. So if you delete a file today, or the whole site, you won't be able to do a backup restore. Just a quick warning!

pipey

Just an FYI ... R365 don't offer backups the same way anymore. Backups are available for 1 day only. So if you delete a file today, or the whole site, you won't be able to do a backup restore. Just a quick warning!

Yet another reason to get away from them asap! :mad:

link8r

It very much defeats the purpose of a backup but then they are so rubbish. Their tech support is like dealing with civil servants. We're 50% complete in transferring from them :)

Register365

Hi all,

We understand that during the acquisition of Regsiter365 and subsequent transition period some concerns and queries presented themselves. We can assure you that the upmost importance and attention is placed on any feedback we receive from our customers and that we are working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that you have access to the best products and services.

We have a very enviable reputation in the UK and in acquiring Register365 we are able to extend this to you, giving 100% focus and attention to domain registration and shared hosting services, as well as providing improved support, significantly broader resources and some very exciting new products!!

In light of this, our own forum is now live at forum.register365.com, where we will be happy to respond to your questions

pipey

We have a very enviable reputation in the UK and in acquiring Register365 we are able to extend this to you, giving 100% focus and attention to domain registration and shared hosting services, as well as providing improved support, significantly broader resources and some very exciting new products!!

That may be so, but I've seen NO evidence of it so far.

I've been with Register365 for nearly 7 years and have experienced nothing like what we have experienced since Namesco took you over!!!

Since the takeover I've experience the following:

• A Client's website was kicked off as they were told they were "too busy" when they were not!!
  • 3 major outages within a 30 day period, with no timely explanation for 2 of them
  • Cannot transfer domains away from you with ease anymore as payment is now required (Like WTF!!!!)
  • No more online helpline
etc etc..

Great start eh?

link8r

Been with them the same time. Also, they turned off our hosting account and we had to manually turn on each client's sub-account. Funny how they had a switch to turn everything off but refused to help turn them on.

Dragged out and shot one by one would be too good for "Namesco Management"

BTW - anyone bother to trek over to the Namesco "Forum" ? I couldn't be interested myself, the less time I spend on their "systems" the better. Although it is tempting to post here and there about the same thing to see if they have balls to show it or not. By mirroring it here it would show them up to be the self-promoting useless b******s they really are.

Apollo

Just posted

-------------------------

Register365: Emergency Maintenance Window (Power Board) Friday 9th January 2009 from 00:00 - 04:00 {UPDATED}

Please note there will be Emergency Maintenance on Friday 9th January 2009 between 00:00 and 04:00 for EPO removal from a UPS board at the Dublin Data Center.

All equipment being supplied by this board will be powered down during this period, as legally the Data Center Engineers cannot operate on a live circuit.

Maintenance updates will be posted at Network Status - Domain Names, Hosting, Dedicated Server Solutions and Broadband ADSL, Namesco Limited

The following services will be impacted during this time:
Linux and Windows Web Hosting Incoming and Outgoing Mail service

Data Center Engineers have exhausted all other alternatives during the past few weeks to find a non-impacting solution.

The management team would like to offer their sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this maintenance window may cause but this work is critical to minimise any further unexpected interruption in service.

For any further queries, please submit an enquiry through your online Control Panel or email support@register365.com

Kind regards,
Register365 Management

hosting365

According to namesco, full daily backups have been working for a while now - there was a technical glitch that stopped them for a short period, but they are back now.

Currently there are daily backups with a 30 day retention, and on the new clusters, there are multiple backups per day and 30 day retention,.

Status
Not open for further replies.