Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron

I see also that a new member has joined here - user "365". So who are they pretending to be on this forum - register365 or hosting365? As there are only 2 hosting companies in Ireland with the "365" moniker in their names, perhaps the mods should be looking into this account as an impersonation???

Register 365, shouldn't you be answering support requests?

Besides, I'm sure Twitter has an abuse platform, mind you they will probably ignore your support request if they've been reading around

Byron

Also, has anyone registered a complaint with the Consumer association or ICANN yet. It's not that people are not impartial here, it's just that they get paid well to do their jobs and hate incopetetence.

I'm sure just like your lack of support Register 365, interesting hosting uptime figures and unbelievable idiotic domain transferral proceedures which could have you stricken off by ICAAN, is only equal to how people feel on this forum about civil servants who spend 2 hours a day working, and get paid for 8, or bank chiefs who lend tens of millions to themselves.

Yes there can be occassions when things go wrong, and the supplier is in the wrong, which I have always admitted when I was dealing with clients, it's just your amusing attitude to people which is winding them up. I would say you would be treated better, with clearer communication by a two man operation, based in a backroom, with better support.

I guess your issue is you cannot understand why people are voicing their concerns here, because they will be indexed and stored and actually somewhat dealt with. It's like anger management!

Byron

Are you even a customer Byron?
I said previously I was not, however one of my best friends was charged from transferring several domains, including several personal projects which he was not earning anything off.

See you can disagree with the conflict in Israel even if you don't live in Palestine, if something is fundamentally wrong, Hosting 365, you should acknowledge it. I fortunately DO NOT have to use Register 365, I know my mate never would ever again because of the issues he had.

It seems they are replicated several dozen times on here, are they not?

I just wonder why such an honourable company, such as yours would defend a company engaging in such crude industry practices as domain transferral fees (and setting time periods!). Surely YOU, Hosting 365, don't agree with this?

Whatever about server issues, this totally sparked me off, and I note you still haven't answered this transferral fees issue, I would have thought all transferals, etc had been completed to make you an independent firm, with independent opinions to Register 365?

hosting365

Hosting365 has nothing to do with register365. I just find it amusing when even people with no direct experience start comparing Register365 customer experience with an armed conflict in the middle east!

Byron

Fundamentally charging for domain transferral is wrong, it doesn't matter how you dress it up. Not providing a proper service is wrong. Turning around and using a public forum to complain about the fact someone has registered "365" and Register 365 are upset is VERY amusing!

hosting365

I can't comment on another company's policies, but lots of providers do the same. I just find it a bit ridiculous the degree to which any issues with that company have been blown out of all proportion.

Ranting, raving, cursing and comparing a company to terrorists, is a tad disproportionate with a basic service once can avail of for 30 quid a year.

Also, if you check through the forums, there are a lot less than a dozen people complaining here, never mind dozens, which would represent something less than a thousandth of one percent of the total customer base of register365/namesco.

You could easily find at least the same number of people, if not more, happy to endorse them for excellent service - indeed they were awarded the 'best service provider' aware at the ISPA's at the end of last year.

My aim here isn't to defend anyone, simply adding a little balance to the debate.

Byron

Hmm, I wouldn't call the Israel; terrorists, perhaps disproportionately retaliating, just as Register 365, disproportionately charge for something which at most uses up one minute of administrator time.

It is less about business acolades, and more about business ethics. It is frowned upon to charge for domain transferrals. It is amusing to see a company get their PR so wrong so quickly towards an IMPORTANT cross section of their industry.

I think the key is, as with my friend who felt hard done by, and is also on this forum, that he was upset, dissatisfied, nothing was done, and when he went to change service providers, he was penalised.

It is not been blown out of proportion, and throughout the various threads there is close to two dozen people who are unhappy with either the server downtimes and/or their domain services. You are right the vast majority do not complain, because they presume this is common practice, just like when Eircom used to charge hundreds for hosting services provided far less by others. The difference here is that people who support a large proportion of Register 365's business were left out in the cold for too long, and many others, who are their "satisfied customers" may be a little upset if an important client visits their site, only to see it is not there!

You are right, other companies do engage in such a practice... but it is not the practice in this country, no matter what the new owners think, and it upsets people, who have to pay such charges.

The point is, for 30 quid a year you should have ownership over your domain, and be free to do what you like with it. If I sign up for a free .tk account, I can move it around, change settings, etc, for some reason, companies think they can charge for something ICANN says they cannot.

I would hope Register 365 will seriously review there practices. If they get away with it, other hosting companies may do the same, hence why we must react to such ignorant and arrogent practices.

link8r

I can't comment on another company's policies, but lots of providers do the same. I just find it a bit ridiculous the degree to which any issues with that company have been blown out of all proportion.

Hi Stephen,

With the greatest amount of respect to you, why are you defending them?

I was a very good client of Hosting365 when it included the piece bought by NoUpTimesCo. I know that you built this company up and I know what that's like. This is your baby and you clearly demonstrate an attachment to it.

But things are very bad with this company. They've stopped doing backups. They've stopped thinking. The excellent support team that was there, both Irish and Polish, is gone. They don't care. They are not interested in feedback. They just dont care.

I am beyond angry. I've built a business around it. We have hundreds of domains, web apps, web sites, seo projects. They've caused so much downtime. It will cost us in excess of €5k in just raw labour costs to move - that doesn't count the clients we've lost, the concessions we've had to make by way of apology for issues that A) we didn't create and B) should never have happened.

I'm sorry that they are so bad. I'm sorry I have to apologise every month about it. But I will not apologise for ranting about them. They are consistently bad. I'll give anyone a second or third chance. God knows H365 had some issues. But whats happened in the last few months is just ridiculous.

Honest question: why are you standing up for a company when people who understand hosting and the challenges faced have declared them a shower of w*****s ? you've said they've nothing to do with you ? they really are that bad.....what they've done to me, the hearthaches, the headaches, the nightmares, the apologies, I have no sympathy for them. i hope they close down and rot in hell. And that's the PG version.

Byron

i hope they close down and rot in hell.

Interesting I saw two small IT companies go that route this week, thankfully they were uncompetitive and screwed existing clients to the wall. One was in web design, the other a supplier

letsmove

Open you eyes 365

Hi Michele,

I think it would probably be a good time for us to explain exactly why it is that we've chosen not to have a presence on this forum, and in short, it's because it's not a level playing field.

You have proven multiple times on this forum and your blog(s) that you aren't able to stay impartial, and have frequently gone out of your way to highlight what what you see as shortcomings in our operation and use it to attempt to attract new customers to your own business. If you can't stay impartial, then you can't expect us to utilise this forum.

Until we feel that we can post on here with a level playing field, we will only be responding to customers through official channels which are:

1) Telephone
2) Our support ticketing / email system
3) Our official forum
4) Our Blog & Twitter account
5) Our Tell the boss form ( names.co.uk / telltheboss)

We value all customer feedback and will do what we can to help customers but from now on, that will only be through the channels listed above.

For months now we have all been getting fairly pissed off (some more than others ) with 365 and their support and downtime. Just tried their support link on their site and got [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]License Error: Key file has expired!!!!

They have shown a complete lack of customer service and unwillingness to listen to whats been said about their company and improve on their many faults. Many of us are caught in 1 year contracts and are unable to move....my own reseller account is up for renewal in May and the way things currently are it wont be renewed. We have already started moving sites over to novara and blacknight.

So how about you guys sitting in your comfortable leather chairs up their in R365 give your clients a chance to give our feedback on a "level playing field" Give all your clients an Online Customer Satisfaction Survey where results are there for everyone to see!! And then lets see some action from ye to improve your dismall service.....how about it guys. ye willing to hear the truth...........all in favour say "aye" .
[/FONT]

hosting365

Just as a small note, I spoke to the namesco guys this morning - all the transfer / release fees have been dropped for all register365 customers.

It was something Namesco had been doing, without complaint, in the uk market for nearly 10 years, so the reaction surprised them a lot.

K

Kieran

It could be Banking365 ;)

It is quite common to have people post impersonating people on Twitter.

I started using Twitter a few weeks ago and to be honest can't cope with the traffic - why are all these people interested in following me when my twitters are mind blowing one like - "going shoppping" - or "here is another mildly interesting blog post of mine ".

hosting365

That's great Stephen. Now while I have you there, whats the chances they'd start doing backups again?;)

According to namesco, full daily backups have been working for a while now - there was a technical glitch that stopped them for a short period, but they are back now.

Currently there are daily backups with a 30 day retention, and on the new clusters, there are multiple backups per day and 30 day retention,.

Solyad

Another unhappy Register365 customer here...

Had a query last week on my own package. Register365 came back, asked me one question, said they'd get back to me, never did.

Had a major outage on a customer site yesterday. Sent support tickets and emails to support email address. No reply, nothing this morning either.

The sites back but I don't believe this has anything to do with my tickets.

I was one who said on this forum that things seemed to be improving with Namesco as a few months after the take over they seemed to be getting better, but I fear its dipping again.

Yes I appreciate its shared hosting with no SLA's but this is no good. I need to have faith in my hoster, I'm not sure I do anymore with Register365. I'm very unhappy with the tone of the posts from Register365 here also. (although swearing at the user isn't helpful and this should be modded, it works both ways)

Register365, this is a wonderful opportunity to engage with users and rebuild bridges which you seem to be failing to grasp completely. It just re-enforces the negative press you are getting.

Instead of getting defensive why not just answer a few simple questions, be open to criticism maybe "shock" apologies for slow service, you might even pick up a bit of business.

I am delighted to hear transfers charges out are now dropped, its makes the move that little less painful.

Its sad to see a great company destroyed.

I really hoped things would improve, but i think the time has come to seriously consider a move, its been 6 months now, the picture is well painted by now.

paul

Ninja
Holding for 15 minutes & in position 4. I started in position 11. So 7 calls answered in 15 minutes, or 28 calls process in an hour. How many technical support agents do you have ??

Joking365

Before I start, Register365 and Hosting365 are allegedly not the same company and I'm apparently hosted by Register365 but my cpanel, ftp, Name Servers etc are all Hosting365.ie so I'll have to assume a joint responsibility until this matter is cleared up. I'll use both names because it seems to me that they're the same company as they're using the same domains/servers so for ease of communication, I'll reference Hosting 365 in (brackets) as they appear to be the parent company. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I never post on forums but I felt it necessary to sign up here and post my experiences with Register365 ( Hosting365 ? )
These are my personal experiences, others might not have been so unfortunate.

I build websites for a living and after a few problems with one Irish host, I decided to host on US servers but last year I made the decision to move back to an Irish host, namely Register 365 ( Hosting365 ? )... MISTAKE!!! in fact, probably the most costly mistake I've ever made!

As a courtesy to my customers, I have their sites monitored for downtime and they get sent an email whenever their site goes offline... Has anyone ever experienced 30 people screaming down the phone because their website has been down for an hour or two? (apart from Register365 ( Hosting365 ? ) support who obviously experience this with monotonous regularity!)

Almost every week I receive calls and emails from customers complaining that their websites are down and I've personally lost numerous clients due to circumstances beyond my control and Register365 ( Hosting365's ?) apparent inability to keep their servers online.

In my opinion and from personal experience, Register365 ( Hosting365 ? ) are the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I'll never host another website with them and I would strongly advise others to search the internet for reviews on their service.

hosting365

Register365 are owned and operated by Domain Names and Web Hosting - Domain Names, Hosting, Dedicated Server Solutions and Broadband ADSL, Namesco Limited, a UK company. Hosting365 is an independant, privately owned Irish company.

Until the transition to the new Register365 clusters is complete, register365 has temporary use of the hosting365.ie domain name for the server aliases and control panel urls - this was to ensure minimal disruption.

Feel free to post your sites or domains with register365 to lend credibility to your views, I would also recommend calling them on 1890 944 500 to complain / discuss, as their support is improving all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.