reseller hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

who's worth considering (reseller hosting) - need to move from my current host :mad:

i have already checked out blacknight and h365

priorities

• support as it is advertised
  • decent control panel
  • irish based servers preferably - though i would consider a recommendation from abroad
  • guaranteed uptime
  • subdomains available ideally
  • at the moment would be less than 30 domains but i'd need to be able to grow
  • i dont want any server responsibilities as in VPS

davidbehan

I'd definitely recommend blacknight for all the above. Support is great... they go the extra length to sort your issues. I have had no downtime with them.

Blacknight VPS does sound ideal for reseller accounts and allows you to grow. If I had the choice of a new reseller account, that's what I would be going for. Shared reseller accounts can be very restrictive. Maybe not for you know but down the road, it could become an issue. The fact that you can get control over your server (or part of), it gives you much more flexibility should you need it later.

I manage a dedicated server myself and there's nothing to it at all really. I use the control panel to manage most things, but sometimes dive onto the desktop to make advanced changes. I think you can get Blacknight to manage the server for you as well, which would take that hassle away from you.

All I'm saying is... don't rule out the flexibility of VPS... you may regret it later on.

Blacknight rule!!! :D

byronyasgur

yea - when i heard about vps first i was jumping at it because of the flexibility but the reality of having responsibility for security, patches, housekeeping and god knows how many other little bits and pieces doesnt grap me at all. I have done a fair bit of IT work ( nothing really to do with webservers though ) and my experience is that it can be a bit of a distraction to what i really want to do which is design and develop ...
anyway i didn't know that blacknight would manage the server so i will check that out - thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.