Section Targetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Adsense introduced section targetting a few months ago to help publishers "maximise" their content.

I finally got round to implementing it one site earlier this evening, but they say it can take a couple of weeks for it to "kick in" (presumably this will vary depending on how often your site is spidered)

Has anyone else tried using this technique?

SlitheryImp

I used it a while ago to get rid of all of the 'Startpage Trojan' and 'Startpage Virus' ads I was getting. It worked well, so I used it on the main menu's and such.

Come to think of it I forgot to add them to the new layout I made last week...

SlitheryImp

To be honest, I have no idea. The amount of revenue Startpage.ie was generating at the time was only about $2 a day, which was growing steadily, but about a month later I moved house and was stuck without an Internet connection for about 4 months....:( (I hate eircom with a passion)

Of course you know what Google does to your site when it is not updated regularly enough... so the earnings started slowing down, and then finally dropping.

But I was happy enough that those awful ads weren't appearing.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Fresh content always helps, but some sites never seem to update ...

Pity you don't have better info on that :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see what happens with mine.

I did a bit of digging around on various forums and there was a lot of conflicting advice.
Some people were suggesting that you use loads of "ignore" tags on certain areas, while others recommended highlighting the relevant ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.