Status
Not open for further replies.

seodave

Guys I've recently been contacted by a site called realmetrics, they want me to put up hosting metrics on my site or at least link to it from my site (but actually on their domain) . Guy claims that I will get 50 cent a click which I don't doubt, but also he reckons it will have a good SEO effect for my site. I'm not so sure, just looks like a bunch of graphs to me, not really enough to go on for the spiders, and its not as if there isn't 1000 of hosting review sites up already.

He has taken the liberty of setting up a sample on his site integrated beautifully into mydesign, he obviously really wants me on board for this.

Anyhow the URL is Search engine optimisation / Internet marketing Ireland / search engine optimization
I would of course host it on my site directly though for any potential SEO benefit.

What you guys think?

Gavin

I might be missing something here (its early) but how would that benefit your site in terms of SEO?

Although it does look good and could be a good resource for your readers. I think its always good to see a resource on reliable hosts, thats if its a trusted resource.

Have you seen anyone else use this guy?

RedCardinal

but also he reckons it will have a good SEO effect for my site.

Hi Dave

Sorry for being a thicko on this, but how will AKA benefit from this SEO wise?

All i can see is you linking out to them and I cant see any value in the text itself??

Rgds

Richard

seodave

Well that's the question I'm asking before i kick this offer to the kerb.
I'll give it a miss then. There not even well known hosting companies, just small companies that pay this guy for an advertising medium which prob won't take off.

frakilk

If this hosting table is already integrated into other sites then this is nothing but duplicate content and will not benefit you SEO-wise.

No deal (at least in terms of SEO)

seodave

If this hosting table is already integrated into other sites then this is nothing but duplicate content and will not benefit you SEO-wise.

No deal (at least in terms of SEO)

That's a very good point frakilk, in that case it could turn out to be damaging.

I don't feel I have any obligation to get back to him, so I'll wait to see if he contacts me again

Status
Not open for further replies.