Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfly

I'll be dropping in, not quite my scene as such, but "the future of search" at 11.30 and "search engine friendly development" at 2.30 may be worthwhile...

Seems a little bit of a waste not staying for the lot. Each to their own though.

Don't you want your photo taken with Danny S? :p

Trojan

Keep an eye out for me, I'll be in the second stream, though I might pop into the 3rd for a couple of presentations.

I am (a slightly older and more overweight version of) this guy:

- Alastair.

glengara

*Seems a little bit of a waste not staying for the lot.*

To be honest I wasn't planning to go to it but something came up, if it's fun I could well stay on, it's just the schedule is a bit too PPC centric for me...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
*Seems a little bit of a waste not staying for the lot.*

To be honest I wasn't planning to go to it but something came up, if it's fun I could well stay on, it's just the schedule is a bit too PPC centric for me...

How hard is it for you to use the quote function?

There's a button there for it.
Not using it makes following threads you reply to really really hard

RedCardinal

Right well I cant find any photos to hand (hate pictures you see). There's one on my blog and this not so flattering picture of me looking wrecked:

http://www.searchmarketinggurus.com/photos/seslondon2007_seslon/richardhearne.html

I reckon I'll be about twiddling thumbs for the 2 Google sessions (apart from going in for the first 90 seconds to get my free €50 voucher :D). You'll probably be able to recognise me by the fact that I'm 6'4" and will more likely than not have laptop over shoulder.

There's also a wine reception afterwards.

So pls come up to have a chat and say hello :)

TheMenace

We should probably get acquainted there at some stage before the opening address.

I would be up for that but I'm going with a few folk from work, so I'll be keeping them company.

Then a few stouts afterward?

I could definitely go for the one but I've just returned from a 5 day drinking spree, so 'a few' is definitely out of the question. :D

I'm not to familiar with that part of the city, does anyone know of a nice bar close by?

Isn't there one near the Guinness Storehouse? I don't know the area too well myself.

Redfly

I would be up for that but I'm going with a few folk from work, so I'll be keeping them company.

Well, do say hello. I'd like to have a chat without you anyway about the design aspect of the industry.

So it's just the four of us from here going then?

cr8or

Ok so the plain is … Anyone who wants to meet up, be in the center courtyard beside big red arty farty fork (that’s sticking up out of the yellow head) at 1pm sharp… Yes I have done some recon!

If for any reason you can’t find the red fork, please meet at the office on the left hand side (when you walk in) of the courtyard. This will be on the opposite side of the courtyard from the conference hall.

The time is 1pm, The place see above .. PS: You will miss the end of (Google AdWords Academy Beginners)

Anyone know if the pub/grub in the train station is any good?

Redfly

Grand so. See you then. Although I am a little upset about missing the adwords beginners session. ;)

Again, is anyone bringing a laptop? Is there any need to?

Trojan

I was thinking about laptop but I think it's unnecessary. PDA/hipster should cover emergencies.

glengara

Bit of a hoot really, aimed squarely at "civilians", can't see any SEM/SEO people gaining anything other than contacts/quiet words...

TheMenace

Yep, clearly aimed at the uninitiated. The 'Developing for Search Engines' talk seemed to backfire on the speakers when the Q&A started. They weren't able to answer a single question properly. I bailed the speakers out at the end of the first question by answering it for them as they continued to sh1te on. Then I kept schtum as they struggled to answer the rest (lest I look like an interfering know-it-all). Disappointing.

The 'Click Fraud' and 'Future of Search Engines forum' were okay(ish) though.

RedCardinal

Never came across you Ken :(

Met Glengara though :) And Trojan, and RedFlyMarketing, and jason-roe. Very commercial, but all things considered I don't think it will do the industry any harm. Amazing to think that many speakers just use the same presentation as they go from one conference to another.... *sigh* (Google were the chief offenders I saw today)

TheMenace

Never came across you Ken

And you never will, pervert.

Nah, I kind of kept myself to myself. Was there with a couple of people from work. I kept an eye out for some name badges but as I only really knew your name (and a few other's company names), I wasn't able to spot anyone. :(

Very commercial, but all things considered I don't think it will do the industry any harm. Amazing to think that many speakers just use the same presentation as they go from one conference to another.... *sigh* (Google were the chief offenders I saw today)

I have to say, I thought it was very disappointing considering how much it cost! There didn't really seem to be any real enthusiasm from any of the speakers. The crowd was largely made up of gobby, over-confident marketing types who didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing there. I would imagine they'll have forgotten about it all by tomorrow.

glengara

Spent the lunch hour talking to the Adwords/AdSense guys/gals, while they didn't seem particularly au fait with organic search I think I'll be using more KW synonyms in future...

Status
Not open for further replies.