Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

No I dont think that people were paying to present. I think the sponsors were the ones paying. Not 100% sure.

And I don't think it's par for clinics to be paid for either - normally the clinic panel are selected I believe.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
No I dont think that people were paying to present. I think the sponsors were the ones paying. Not 100% sure.

And I don't think it's par for clinics to be paid for either - normally the clinic panel are selected I believe.
I was speaking to the organisers some time ago and speakers (or at least some of them) were expected to pay indirectly by buying a number of tickets.

RedCardinal

I was speaking to the organisers some time ago and speakers (or at least some of them) were expected to pay indirectly by buying a number of tickets.
Wow. I'm quite sure that a number of speakers were being paid to be there also. I imagine that both Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman are very well rewarded as they do this for a living.

But considering they had about 300 attendees, and 12 sessions with average 3 speakers per session (36 odd tickets if it was one ticket per speaker on average). Not to mention the sheer number of Googlers there in the audience. I met or saw at least 8 Googlers in the audience. IQcontent had a bunch of people there as well. You would have to wonder if a fifth of the tickets were purchased by speakers and associated cos.

Well I personally hope it goes from strength to strength in 08, 09 and 10.

glengara

I went to the "search engine friendly development" jobbie moderated by Sherman and presented by two UK SEO companies.

Turned out to be SEO 101 and I couldn't figure out why these guys were there, even IR could have handled it, FFS....

MickyWall

Guys sorry I didn't get a chance to meet most of you. Hopefully next time.
I enjoyed the day very much, I don't think I learned an awful lot though.

TheMenace

I went to the "search engine friendly development" jobbie moderated by Sherman and presented by two UK SEO companies.

Turned out to be SEO 101 and I couldn't figure out why these guys were there, even IR could have handled it, FFS....

Not only that but they made a balls of the Q&A at the end. They couldn't answer a single question properly. Hilarious.

geraldo

It was a little gray box given out at registration by Marketing jobs, Sales Jobs, Design & Media Recruitment Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Galway

Maybe they were gone by the time you got there?

(I diodn't get a Google goody bag)

Similar to many of the posts, I enjoyed the day but didn't learn a whole lot that I wasn't aware of before.

Future of search was interesting, thought John Herlihy from Google was head and shoulders above the smart ar*es from Windows Live and Yahoo. BTW - did I *really* here Mel Carson from Microsoft say that competition is a good thing??? There's a first.

Question for Blacknight, or if anyone else can answer - how do you get title tags to autopop the anchor text when someone pastes a URL in a post, as happened with RedFly's link to Prosperity recruitment above?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.