[SEOMoz]link building has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy12

^interesting, Google's algo changed hence we should also update ourselves always in the process of linkbuilding

link8r

I've always been of the opinion that SEOMoz, SEOBook, etc have a vested interest in being vague and not really giving anything away. I don't have any idea what there is to "give away" but that article meant nothing to me at all except that buying links and junk links are junk.

The funniest thing is that Google give all the information away on their webmasters blog but people often reject the ideas. I think just want to believe there is some magic trick. Like if you put a little secret "web freemasons" link or word on a page, then nudge-nudge, wink-wink, you'll "rank".

orcharded

There is no magic

I was bombarded this year with SEO and link building folks looking to help me. The best advice was all free and didn't involve any magic words or tricks.

I wouldn't say I have great traffic but at least I have avoided some real scams.

Am I fooling myself and missing out on something?

Ed

gbonnet

orcharded, read this thread :
http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/...d-landslide-after-starting-search-engine.html

There are so many scams about this going on and not only by spammy emails.

link8r, I definitely agree with you when it comes to on-page optimisation.
Google's info are very clear. When it comes to link building it's a different story, afaik, google doesn't give tips to find new relevant links ... and that's when I'm interested in the experiences of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.