Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

I have server 2003 controlling about 60 machines at work .
In the last week I moved the company website from one commercial web server to an other .
now all machines under the server 2003 return to the old website on the old server . and from outside the network it resolves to the new site and server .
I figured the problem was dns cache so I flushed it still no change .
my predecessor set up the old website I am only on the job 3 weeks so I am still finding my way around the network .
any one like to save my ass .

GimmeDat

You might need to check the port forwarding on the internal router..

ghost

Thanks for the reply Gimme Dat
How do I do that I am not that well up on server net works .
and I doubt my predecessor was either .

GimmeDat

First, you need to connect to the router;

PCtechnix.ie - Connecting to your Router

You may need to find the username and password. Alternatively, just google for the manufacturers defaults. Usually admin/admin or admin/1234, admin/password, etc.

Secondly, you will need to find the port forwarding section under lan. You should change the port forwarding rules that relate to the website (usually just port 80) to the new IP address of the web server.

Hope this is of help!

ghost

Thanks again GimmeDat
I found a www entry in the DNS , Changed it and restarted and BoBs my Uncle.

ghost

as I posted above the first half of my problem is solved .
But I am still in trouble with the email , we are using exchange
is there a setting in exchange that I need to change to point at the new email server ?

GimmeDat

Good to hear you got it sorted. You just need to modify the MX record in your DNS to the new IP. That should do the trick.

ghost

Thanks again I cant see an MX record in the DNS
Thats why I was assuming it was in exchange some where

GimmeDat

Are you using anything for Spam? What hosting are you using? You can check your existing MX record here MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online and once you make the change, you can verify it here over the next 24 hours. I'd usually recommend changing the mx record over the weekend as it can take some time to propogate over the internet. If you have to change it on a weekday, you should reduce the TTL to a lower number.

Status
Not open for further replies.