Status
Not open for further replies.

php.allstar

Hi

I've been developing websites for about 10 years now, so I thought it would finally be a good time to create one for myself!

I'm trying to market myself as a web developer in Gorey, Co. Wexford. Would like a you to give the site a review, mainly from an SEO standpoint but would love to read what you have to say, be it good or bad!

http://www.simonkinsella.ie

Thanks,
Simon

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

SEO

Like the design and general navigation.
You could possible add Google + (this is also now noted for improved SERPS ;) )

You will also need more offsite than anything else for SEO, as long as your meta is passable the offsite will def get you No1.

If you need more linking info PM me :) as its on a need to know basis haha.

Tom

Ha, great testimonial :) I like your site, it's clear, it's got personality and a good vibe to it, at a glance all looks great!

Palmer

Nice site! Great layout, you can see that you have a good bit of experience in web development. However one thing that stood out, not sure if you ment it or not. I would add a favicon. Maybe just a picture of yourself makes a small bit of a difference. Otherwise well done

Alerner

Great site Simon. Entertaining and informative. Small business suggestion: take your hourly rate off the website. The day is not far away when you will want to charge twice that amount ... and if you're outsourcing and want to pay less, your outsourcer will argue they should be earning as much as you do.

php.allstar

Thanks Alerner,

But my slogan favourite saying is: "You're paying for a Merc, not a Mini"!

How can I fit that in if I remove my hourly rate? How do you reword this to suit:

No job too big or too small! I just charge a flat hourly fee of €40 per hour...you're paying for a Merc, not a Mini!

SEO

Good move :) let me know when youve added it. I will pop along and give you a + (also if you have a good facebook account of friends this is an easy + campaign for you).

Like the family touch at the bottom - Id nearly buy a site of you only I build them haha.

Good luck - if you need any tips for links PM me and I will give you some free confidential Linking secrets to help you get started.

Alerner

Thanks Alerner,

But my slogan favourite saying is: "You're paying for a Merc, not a Mini"!

How can I fit that in if I remove my hourly rate? How do you reword this to suit:

No job too big or too small! I just charge a flat hourly fee of €40 per hour...you're paying for a Merc, not a Mini!

Maybe something like:
No job too big or too small! I charge an hourly rate...we agree the budget beforehand...and you get high value work at low level prices.
No job too big or too small! I charge an hourly rate...we estimate the cost beforehand...and you'll profit from high quality work at a low level price.

While your catchy slogan sounds great: "You're paying for a Merc, not a Mini"!, it suggests to me that your prices are going to be high, which in fact they're not.

php.allstar

Hi Alerner,

Thanks for the reply.
I am tempted to go with your second suggestion, but I want it to have a bit more "personality" like my previous line. Something with a bit on tongue in cheek maybe.

What I was trying to get across with "paying for a merc" was that the work would be of highest quality...

This is where the marketing side of me lets me down!

link8r

Nice sit php.Allstar - very personable and vivid - well done!

Not so sure about the effect of g+ but everyone wants one!

Status
Not open for further replies.