Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

Hi Rob

I like it. Everything I would want to see is there, and there's no distractions or nonsense.

Nice one.

fieldcorbett

Its maddeningly slow! so much so I only looked at 2 pages. Where are you hosting it? Also I think the Rates should get a page of there own as its prob one of the more searched for content.

robfahy

I am hosting with letshost.ie I found them good because they include the CPanel, which a lot of others I looked at didn't. I know that it may be a little slow as it is using Joomla CMS and needs to access data from a MySQL database, but if it really is annoyingly slow I'll have to review my hosting options.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Just do a ping from your desktop to compare...

ping to that site - 153 ms

ping to this site - 21.4 ms

Both sites are using database backends and I know for a fact that this server is performing really badly at the moment and needs extra RAM (it's sitting on my desk in work)

Ciarán Mc Cann

Its a nice site :D, although as the other's have said before it does take a while to load. Also one thing I spotted is the Joomla fav icon, yea might want to change that if you can.

irishpets

You have a very good straight talking site, I like the fact that you display your rates on the homepage - no messing about.

shivbrown

Gret site, good job there, very well done,
If thats all your hard work then you derserve a good pat on the back : )

robototitico

Just do a ping from your desktop to compare...

ping to that site - 153 ms

ping to this site - 21.4 ms

Both sites are using database backends and I know for a fact that this server is performing really badly at the moment and needs extra RAM (it's sitting on my desk in work)

How can I check the ping of my site?

IASP71

Good site, straight forward. Does what it says on the tin.

Like the top photo and it loaded quickly on my laptop.

Well Done.

Anouilh

Excellent. The place looks inviting. I particularly like the photo of the pier at the top. Well done!

namit

Firefox 3:
Rates on the left is overlapped with welcome to Ard.
Telephone number at top kind is blend into the sea.
Buttons on top would make the text color to be white.

Status
Not open for further replies.