Sleeping = Overrated!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziycon

I find it very hard to go to bed before 3 o'clock every night, this has been going on for the past 3-4 years, anyone else not able to sleep???

louie

8:20 here and up for half-an-hour. beat that. I slept like a child while you's were working. ha ha :)

Redfly

I think its the industry.

I find that I get into a groove, I can work for 48 hours no problem. I find that at night, there are absolutely NO distractions and I get so much more work done.

When I'm doing some PPC testing with large budgets, I am tweaking every few mins (Not crack or meth tweaking).

My girlfriend goes mental though.

Gavin

I find that I get into a groove, I can work for 48 hours no problem.

Same here but loosing it is probably the most frustrating thing ever!

Careful with the girlfriend. I was dumped for spending too much time on my sites. She claimed I loved my laptop more.....she got that right!!

Redfly

Careful with the girlfriend. I was dumped for spending too much time on my sites. She claimed I loved my laptop more.....she got that right!!

Hahaha, I don't think so. She knows where her bread is buttered. She also works for me :)

Besides, we are together almost 7 years. I stole her heart while I was still good looking ;)

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I find that at night, there are absolutely NO distractions and I get so much more work done.
My girlfriend goes mental though.
So true but it was starting to become practically unhealthy for me cos I work a nine to five developing for a communications company and because of similar girlfriend issues I have to nearlty wait till she goes to bed to get any of my own work done. Tis better these days though I've introduced her to blogging :)

davidbehan

This all sounds way too familiar to me too. Work, girlfriend, hobbies, sleep balance is a bit messed up for us guys/gals in this industry me thinks.

I find that when I'm busy with a number of projects at once (especially when there are a few going live around the same time) I average around 4 hours sleep a night for a few nights running. I do 9am-5pm(ish) where I'm doing some productive work but more client meetings, phone calls, project management, etc. and a second stint from 10pm-5am, which is usually pure design/development and the odd visit to a forum/blog to read and post my views when my eyes start to hurt. It would take me 3 days working 9am-5pm to get the same amount done in one night from 10pm-5am.

It's amazing what you can get done when the phone isn't ringing or you don't have to go to meetings, etc.

Throwing a girlfriend into this mix can really mess up a perfectly good routine! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.