Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Singh

Hi all,

I am new in this field, that's why i have so many queries related to SEO works.

I want to know how does social book marking works and how does it gives me benefits?

MPC

Backlinks from dofollow SB sites will help you rank in Google SERPS. Heres a handy site - socialmarker.com

link8r

Will actually mean less in 2009 - from Matt Cutts, intends to devalue SM links :) and I agree - far too open to spam.

John peterr

Hi,
its really very interesting query. doing optimization with SBM will increase traffic to your website, and the second is that search engines consider some of the SBM as quality sites and shows them as back links to your site.

sampatrick

Benefits of Social Bookmarking

1. Quick Indexing: The fastest way to have any webpage or site visited by the search engines and indexed is by submitting them to any of the popular social book-marking sites like StumbleUpon, OnlyWire and others. I have had a brand new one-day old website visited by the Yahoo, Google and MSN search engine robots within 24 hours of submitting them to these social book-marking sites. I can categorically say that it is the best bait to attract the bots to your pages.

2. Traffic Generation: There is more to book-marking your pages online than just getting indexed; you are also guaranteed some traffic from these sites as soon as you submit to them. Since you will also be tagging (or submitting them under your niche keywords), a lot of the traffic from these sites are also very targeted. The result is that you may also have return visitors if you have very useful content or compelling offers on your website.

3. Personal Branding: Most of the social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon also give you the opportunity to develop your own page on their site. This is more like a more developed profile that you can use to list all your web pages, post links to your sites and even publish content on any niche that you may be involved in.

4. Quality Backlinks:
As I mentioned above, you can build a personal page on a lot of the social book-marking sites, including the leading one, StumbleUpon. I have seen personal pages on these sites that have grown to a PR3 and even PR4. The effects of these is that your page will be frequented by the search engine robots, indexing any new content that you post on it and even following links to your own personal site and indexing the new pages and content on them. People pay top dollars to have high Page Rank links pointing their way, but with the right profile, you get them for free anytime and for a long time to come.

Alhazred De Sane

Benefits of Social Bookmarking

1. Quick Indexing: The fastest way to have any webpage or site visited by the search engines and indexed is by submitting them to any of the popular social book-marking sites like StumbleUpon, OnlyWire and others. I have had a brand new one-day old website visited by the Yahoo, Google and MSN search engine robots within 24 hours of submitting them to these social book-marking sites. I can categorically say that it is the best bait to attract the bots to your pages.

2. Traffic Generation: There is more to book-marking your pages online than just getting indexed; you are also guaranteed some traffic from these sites as soon as you submit to them. Since you will also be tagging (or submitting them under your niche keywords), a lot of the traffic from these sites are also very targeted. The result is that you may also have return visitors if you have very useful content or compelling offers on your website.

3. Personal Branding: Most of the social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon also give you the opportunity to develop your own page on their site. This is more like a more developed profile that you can use to list all your web pages, post links to your sites and even publish content on any niche that you may be involved in.

4. Quality Backlinks:
As I mentioned above, you can build a personal page on a lot of the social book-marking sites, including the leading one, StumbleUpon. I have seen personal pages on these sites that have grown to a PR3 and even PR4. The effects of these is that your page will be frequented by the search engine robots, indexing any new content that you post on it and even following links to your own personal site and indexing the new pages and content on them. People pay top dollars to have high Page Rank links pointing their way, but with the right profile, you get them for free anytime and for a long time to come.

Excellent, that's probably the most concise explanation of the benefits of using Social Media I've read anywhere, I'll be copying and pasting that into some of my emails to clients when next they ask the same question.

Hafsoh

Hi all,

I am new in this field, that's why i have so many queries related to SEO works.

I want to know how does social book marking works and how does it gives me benefits?
Social networking can help generate traffic because it is a marketing technique or a viral marketing that encourages people to pass along the marketing messages.

how does social book marking works

Social sites might be helpful, but first you need to make friends the more people follow you the more traffic you will bring to your website. If you have something newsworthy, unique or shocking to say, submit a link to your web page to sites these can drive thousands of interested visitors to your web site. But if it's boring link it will quickly get buried by more interesting stories.

sophielc

Social bookmarking is really time-consuming; Ihave tried social marker and found that I could spend up to 2 hours submitting one link to all of the sites. I think it's better to keep maybe 2 or 3 sites that you really like spending time on ans participate a little every day on it. Or else, hire someone to do all the submitting for you so you still have time to write your content.
My favourite sites are Stumble Upon and BlogCatalog as it's easier to find other people interested in your site's topic; I don't really Digg Facebook (sorry about that).

RedCardinal

Will actually mean less in 2009 - from Matt Cutts, intends to devalue SM links :) and I agree - far too open to spam.

I reckon anything you can buy on Indian SEO sites will be devalued as much as possible by Google. Same goes for blog comments.

I have a friend who sells a lot of this, and he just cant understand why it's spam...

Hsekhar

Social News submissions or Social bookmarkings help you in two ways; 1. If they are do-follow links they help you with PR increase and your rankings in SERPs.
2. Secondly, they give you good amounts of traffic depending on how quality and interesting your articles are.

miogate

Sometimes or other social bookmarking is not easy to use,always looking where you click to submit you site. I like social bookmarking like submit new story,submit news,submit,add bookmark or post. That is easy to use but the other is not. I consumed hours submitting a social bookmarking with in 5 to 6.

Social Bookmarking

Social Bookmarking is a valuable tool when it comes to gaining new backlinks, generating traffic, and networking. I utilize social bookmarking sites everyday to make new connections and friends in business, but I also know that the backlinks of the social bookmarking sites that allow dofollow links, are really great for seo. So I would strongly recommend signing up to all social bookmarking sites that have dofollow links. Social bookmarking sites can also generate traffic, but I doubt if it will be that much traffic. I hope I helped.

denywilson123

hey Guys,

dear social bookmarking is one of the most useful technique in seo fields thru it you get more traffic on your site also help to increase backlinks.
gives you ultimate traffic on your site..

Thanks buddy...

olivaslester

Social Bookmarking

aside from the benefits mentioned by the others, social bookmarking will also optimize the keywords in your meta tags. Just always make sure that you hand submit every thing in a social bookmarking or social shopping sites.;)

orcharded

Thanks very much for this. I have a lot of SocialBookmark buttons on my blog but I seldom use them myself. That is about to change

Status
Not open for further replies.