Status
Not open for further replies.

gbonnet

I've added social bookmarking buttons/links on my blog (not very active) and forum and very few people actually used them ... (my audience is not so web2.0)

It still bring me a small amount of extra traffic each month which is fine with the time I spend on that (nearly none).
Getting a few backlinks from social media sites can't hurt and is good to get a wider variety of inbound links.

I believe that for traffic it could be a good tool if you can spend time but for link building I suppose it doesn't work much and as RedCardinal said, Google will more than likely take less and less into account those kind of links. I'm sure some do-follow social bookmarking sites will go nofollow at some stage to avoid being spammed.

As many other tricks in seo : do it with moderation ;)

natural11

7 benefits of Social Bookmarking

1. Sharing of bookmarks

You can easily share your bookmarks with your friends or co-workers which are present on Social Bookmarking websites. Also you can view bookmarks of your friends or co-workers or other users.
2. Accessibility of bookmarks

You can access your bookmarks anytime and anywhere by saving them on a Social Bookmarking website with an internet connection.
3. Importing of bookmarks

you can put all your bookmarks together and consolidate them in one place on a Social Bookmarking website which reside on the desktop of your computer.
4. Finding popular articles/ websites on internet

At Social Bookmarking Websites, you can come across a lot of other articles and websites which are popular among other users.
5. Makes search capability easy

Social Bookmarking Websites makes search results more faster than yahoo or Google.
6. Private Bookmarks

If you save bookmark as “Private” than it would be accessible only to you.
7. Data Safety

Social Bookmarking Websites allows exportability and save your bookmarks on your desktop to avoid loss of data.

7 benefits of Social Bookmarking | Tutorial Web Design

martindevid

HI
Using social bookmarking site like digg help u to get index faster.also social bookmarking help to increase traffic and good Quality back link and increase PR for your site.

aepperj

i personally think social bookmarking was worth it last year but Google has caught up to it. Most social bookmarking sites are no-follow now and most are making it harder for new users to submit their site content. For long term strategy, focus on article marketing, writing quality posts on your site and get people to link to you from blog posts.

zyke

This topic is very interesting and I found very useful posts.
I know Social Bookmarking is one of the best SEO technique it's because it boost traffic as well as increasing backlinks. This is also good for faster indexing. I use digg, delicious, reddit and stumbleupon, and it is very effective.

wayneparnell789

Social bookmarking is really time-consuming; Ihave tried social marker and found that I could spend up to 2 hours submitting one link to all of the sites. I think it's better to keep maybe 2 or 3 sites that you really like spending time on ans participate a little every day on it. Or else, hire someone to do all the submitting for you so you still have time to write your content.
My favourite sites are Stumble Upon and BlogCatalog as it's easier to find other people interested in your site's topic; I don't really Digg Facebook (sorry about that).
i agree with you sophie, it's better to choose best bookmarking site that drives more traffic and value to your PR and better use Twitter and Facebook for more content and link sharing.

jimmy13

Hello Friends.....

Social bookmarking is a method for internet users to share, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web resources.

Social bookmarking and social news allow you to specifically target what you want to see. Instead of going into a search engine, typing something in, and then searching for that needle in a haystack, you can quickly narrow down the items to what you are looking for.

Thanks

[url=http://dynaweb.co.in]website development
[/URL]

jencruz8787

Hello guys!

I'm new to SEO, I wanted to have a home base work for extra income. And people say that SEO is a good start for it.

My question is that, How do I make a GOOD SEO? Can anyone teach me some basic techniques for Onpage SEO?

jencruz8787

Backlinks on social Bookmarks

Can I do backlinks on Social Bookmarks?? what are the sites that accepts backlinks for bookmarks?

Can you give me a list? Thank you.. That would be a great help. :D

Social bookmarking is the activity of posting your URLs in high domain authority sites so that it helps to make the ranking of the website high.

Social Bookmarking refers to the pasting of the URL of the website in high domain authority sites so that the URL gets ranking easily.This is one of the common off page techniques used to make the URL to rank high.

DevArora

Hi all,

I am new in this field, that's why i have so many queries related to SEO works.

I want to know how does social book marking works and how does it gives me benefits?

Social bookmarking is a way for people to store, organize, search, and manage “bookmarks” of web pages. Users save links to web pages that they like or want to share, using a social bookmarking site to store these links.

aditipatil

Social bookmarking is an online method of categorizing websites that you want to find again, but it is open to the public so that other people can see our bookmarks and we can see others bookmark. Which help in getting good quality of back links for the targeted Keyword.

DevArora

As social bookmarking sites are known to feature fresh content search engines visit the social bookmarking sites frequently and this is one of the advantages of getting your backlinks from social bookmarking sites. Your links will be indexed fast by the search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.