Sub Forums [Fora?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandad

Is there any way you can display sub-forums on the main page?

What I mean is - On the main index, the forum "General Chat" is displayed. It's only when you go into it that you find two sub-forums ["Work / Life Balance" and "Off topic discussion"].

I'm thinking along the lines of Boards.ie where all sub-forums are displayed along with a flag for new postings.......

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Richard

Short answer - yes it can be done

I'll have to have a look at the settings, but I didn't want to have loads and loads of fora with no activity on the main page, which is why I created the sub-forums (fora)

If you look at the bottom of the main page you can see the most recently active threads - if that's any consolation

Michele

grandad

If you look at the bottom of the main page you can see the most recently active threads - if that's any consolation
That is what I have been using. A handy feature. It only gives the last 9 posts though. And when this Forum takes off [after all its publicity] there will, of course be hundreds of posts per day :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If that happens... well you can always subscribe to the RSS feed and I could move the forums around a bit if they were more active...

For every situation there is a solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.