Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

As a relative newcomer to web design/development, I'm looking to attend a conference or two this year. I'm interested in Web design/development conferences or anything of that nature. Most importantly the conference(s) need(s) to be affordable.What's affordable? Perhaps a couple of hundred euro max, not thousands as many of the conferences I've found cost. I saw that the Web 2.0 conference in Berlin has been canceled this year and haven't really found any other conferences that are both affordable and relevant.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ;)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Where are you based?

The cost of conferences in Europe is very high for the most part, but there are growing number of barcamp / creativecamp type events that don't cost anything to attend

bastardprince

Keep an eye on this forum I guess :)

now in fairness this is not a great place to find out about events, look at all the recent posts, seemingly the last one excluding fowa was november, no mention of the facebook developers garage for example. there must be a good resource that lists all industry events in the country...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
now in fairness this is not a great place to find out about events, look at all the recent posts, seemingly the last one excluding fowa was november, no mention of the facebook developers garage for example. there must be a good resource that lists all industry events in the country...
Did you look at either of the links I posted?

nearlythere

Drupal Ireland event- training, conference, social fun, DrupalCamp :)

Sounds like a perfect time to set up a twitter feed or another site for it. *not me* however, I have alot on my plate.

If you're interested in Drupal- there's DrupalCamp in Galway on the 4-5th of April. It's going to be fun & practical... as well as FREE. Can't get much more affordable than that.

DrupalCamp Ireland
Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th April 10am to 5pm both days
DERI building at NUI, Galway
It's free!
Full description of the event: Press release: Drupal Ireland event - 4th & 5th April, DERI, NUI Galway | groups.drupal.org

While the event is free, please do register if you are coming so we can cater properly.

Ireland | groups.drupal.org

uncleseanie

you could take a look at Home - Upcoming search for events: web location: europe a bunch of stuff comes back, not sure of the relevance to what you are looking for but you may find something of interest

Gita

I wouldn't know about other country events as I'm busy with the ones attending in Ireland.

There isn't much web conferences here now (you missed FOWA, Irish Blog Awards and Irish Web Awards), however IIA Congress is coming up as well as Epicenter event from IrishDev.

I still can't post links in this forum so you will have to Google these events up yourself
- Dublin ALT.NET - developer meeting about improving processes
- Open Coffee - developer, business and other IT people meetings for coffee. There is a lot of them happening around Ireland
- Connector - it's not particular web event, but there is a lot of web people there.
- BarCamp Belfast - happening this weekend. It's almost like conference, because more than 300 ppl is attending it
- Digital Hub in Dublin organises different seminars and events. Worth checking out their website for updates
- IrishDev portal also hosts quite a few events. Epicenter conference is coming up in summer.
- Cambridge Wireless Conference is taking place in UK - only if you are really wireless geek
- IIA Congress & Awards taking place at the end of May
- Digital Media Island organises a lot of worth going to events

Status
Not open for further replies.