Top Irish sites by inbound links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcc

I've been playing with a links database for the Irish web going back a few years. Would a ranking of Irish websites by links from other Irish websites be of any use in SEO terms? The interesting aspect of the links database is in how highly asymmetrical the linking behaviour is for the majority of Irish websites in that many link out but few link back.

Regards...jmcc

K

Kieran

How are you determining that they are Irish? To be honest there is a plethora of tools out there that do this already for free and for small subscriptions. However not to sound pooh poooh it would probably be interesting to see some metrics (without naming names.)If you are using .ie as an indication of Irish it probably isn't a good point to work from.Still an interesting project by the sounds of it but ranking by number of links from other Irish sites may be a deceptive metric :)

jmcc

How are you determining that they are Irish?
A combination of methods. However I have the advantage of having built a search engine or two and there are some indicators that make it easy to differentiate Irish websites from non-Irish websites.

To be honest there is a plethora of tools out there that do this already for free and for small subscriptions.
There are not. Most of what you see are just crude backlink analysis tools and they have significant amounts of noise.

However not to sound pooh poooh it would probably be interesting to see some metrics (without naming names.)
All in good time.

If you are using .ie as an indication of Irish it probably isn't a good point to work from.Still an interesting project by the sounds of it but ranking by number of links from other Irish sites may be a deceptive metric :)
I've been doing this kind of thing for longer than some people have been on the internet - or at least it feels like it. :) What is surprising is that some Irish sites are heavily linked with one-way links. Reciprocal links are rare and many of the one way links are webdev style links.

Given the mess that the third rate intellects behind Penguin, Panda and the rest of the Animal Farm patches have made of search, there may well be an opening for a good Irish search engine that only includes Irish sites. Some of the work I have been doing on this problem is effectively a prelude to such a search engine.

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.