Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcclements

I have read all the negative comments about thsi - but have decided to try it out anyway - as there seem to be very few things I can alongside adsense that will actually make any money.

I'll let you all know how I get on..

Here is one of my pages with AA enabled:- Tulip Desktop Backgrounds / Wallpaper

NB - there is a quite interesting podcast from the owner here which apart form being a hard sell for AA also has some interesting opinions on making more money from your web site:-

(Edit) - sorry here is the good one:-

http://www.shoemoney.com/podpress_trac/web/744/0/reese_shoemoney.mp3

here is the poor one:-

http://www.shoemoney.com/podpress_trac/web/738/0/Entrepreneur-Magazine-eBiz.mp3

NB - I would have started this as a new thread - but I cannot seem to create a new thread at present.... (My username used to be jordanmcclements - but I have somehow mucked up my ability to login as that user... :-()

jmcclements

OK - approx 4000 page views later - and not a single cent in revenue..

I'll keep the ads up for a bit yet and try on some different pages - but it is not looking good so far for me.....

I suppose this would work a lot better if I ran a site reviewing iPods etc... :-(

louie

I can not see those ads working very well on the irish market.
Even AdSense has very poor returns unless you have a very popular website and have the right content for the ads(eg. properties, reservations, etc..)

jmcclements

Half my visitors are American. A VERY small percentage are Irish...

But I am still not holding out very high hopes...

(Adsense works fantastically well for me compared to anythign else I have tried)...

jmcclements

11873 page impressions, and $0.64 in revenue!

I think I will have to concede that Adsense is the only thing that will make any money on my web site..

markowe

From my own experience, and discussion with various other webmasters, it seems clear that AA just does not lend itself to certain types of site, while some users are reporting amazing revenues which approach Adsense and almost double their income...

Now if anyone has the secret, I'm sure we'd be happy to hear it!

Targetting is certainly an issue - there was one person with a site about Ajax, i.e. the Web 2.0 thingummy, and they had just put Ajax as their keyword, which was getting them ads about the cleaning powder and the Dutch football club!

Cormac

Targetting is certainly an issue - there was one person with a site about Ajax, i.e. the Web 2.0 thingummy, and they had just put Ajax as their keyword, which was getting them ads about the cleaning powder and the Dutch football club!

Did he clean up? :cool:

markowe

Did he clean up? :cool:

Ha, hardly - it was looking more like a home defeat.

But still, I have seen people with astronomical amounts of traffic (well, 10's of thousands per day - astronomical for me!) getting next to no clicks, never mind revenue... Strange. But then that goes to show that visitors to our sites are actually human beings, not just "hits" or "clicks", and they need to be treated as such! (see my rant on the subject of dehumanising webmaster jargon).

jmcclements

Yeah - targetting is obviously important.
I now have about 18,000 page view and 64 Cents revenue (and lots of semi naked women appearing in the thumbnails) - so me me at least - time to remove them completely from my web site methinks...

enzo

I've made a few quid off auction ads. Most days I get nothing but the odd day I get a few cents/dollars. It's very inconsistent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.