Status
Not open for further replies.

IPAlarms

Make sure you have a link to your site in your Twitter account profile. As Google will only count one link from a single Twitter account to your site, there is not much point posting links to the same web site over and over. A good tactic would be to ask friends to send out tweets that contain a link to your web site. No doubt Google will have a set of rules that determine how much links within tweets are worth, but as usual, we'll never get to find out.

FlightCenter

It's a good idea to optimize your profile page as well as your Tweets. Not only are they picked up by other SE's but people use Twitter now as a SE itself. Proper keywords and hashtags will help get you more exposure.

navasia

How about texting some information about ur site on twitter?I don't know how to post back links on it...just to show links on profile?

clint_jacobs

Don't get satisfied with that practice. Upon building links, be creative customize your twitter page by putting attractive images/banner depicting your product. Then build a prominent profile and most importantly make friends with others that, twitter user having relevant niches.

brabazon

Make sure you have a link to your site in your Twitter account profile. As Google will only count one link from a single Twitter account to your site, there is not much point posting links to the same web site over and over. A good tactic would be to ask friends to send out tweets that contain a link to your web site. No doubt Google will have a set of rules that determine how much links within tweets are worth, but as usual, we'll never get to find out.
But the links are nofollow and they dont give any link value, as search engine ignores it?

link8r

What a load of total nonsense from all replies - are these people even real?

twitter is a networking site, not an advertising station. If you want to grow a business network, then twitter is perfect. If you want to stream adverts and backlinks, do seo. Why would people follow an advertising channel? The view of "I want people to follow my free advertising" is narcissistic at best.

Twitter links are not all nofollow!

Status
Not open for further replies.