Status
Not open for further replies.
For the term "wedding video cork",was at no 1 for 2 weeks.
Back down to no 2.
Both myself and my competitor have a google pagerank of 4.
Any advice would be appreciated on my seo.

my site
ashmoreproductions.com

link8r

S**t happens! Sites go up and down on a regular basis.

PageRank isn't likely to be a factor and PR4 isn't very difficult to get. I wouldn't sweat over it.

I think your "SEO" needs some thinking. You have a very badly optimised home page title - one solution to your problem probably lies in the difference between you and your competitors page titles.

The more keywords you throw into your site, the more you dilute the strength of them.

louie

If "Ashmore" is your company name, move it to the end of the page title.
The closer to the start of the title words are, the stronger.

Also the title for the internal pages is very poor.

e.g. Birthdays -> Birthdays Video

link8r

Ditto on Louie + Or Drop it - you show for Ashmore, and clearly you want people looking for "Wedding Videos Cork" - so why even have it?

Dara

Agree with both Louie and Link8r. However just to add a few quick points. If your main targetted term is Wedding Videos Cork then change your homepage Metatag Title, Description , Keywords and H1 tags to reflect this. As it stands you are totally diluting you potental adding other counties you "hope" you might pop up for. Change your "Home" link in your footer to Wedding Videos Cork. Don't pass any credence to PR and be prepared to constantly move up and down the serps. I actually see you 3rd but reckon with a few tweaks you should move up. Its not a very competitive term so...

One of my main targets is "wedding video cork" But I also work in other counties. Such as laois ( no 1 in Google) Offaly ( no 2 in Google)
waterford( no 1 in Google) Limerick Tipperary Kerry kildare Carlow Kilkenny.

How am I optimised for "wedding video cork" ??

markkh

Hi, just to throw my 2pence worth in here...it looks as though you have some good inbound links. I think that if you work on increasing these from relevant sources then you'd find that you'd get more traffic and better positioning in the serps.

MickyWall

Like the guys said I wouldn't worry too much about it, it happens.

Your competitor has an older site with more links to it.

I notice that you come up as a one box listing in the Local Search.

Have you thought about using PPC and going for a 3 prong strategy. It'll certainly give you more real estate and enhance your credibility, and done well could be very profitable.

You could use the canonical URL tag to solve the canonical issue with the homepage.

Internal links within the site might also be something you could look at.

I'd also set up a Google Webmaster Tools account and see if there are any issues with the site, such as short pages title, duplication etc.

You may also want to think about using Facebook, and setting up a blog and developing your online profile and service that way.

In the process of setting up a blog.

Just started today.
Will put content on it during the week and add the link to my site.
Also add it to my signature on varoius sites.
Hopefully it will help my serp on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.