Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Are these events not slightly awkward...? I never got the boards beers thing either - Nobody knows each other? hmmm...

It really depends ... Do you drink ? (not a prerequisite but I always find a pint or two helps the conversation along) ... are you social ? ... are you interested in having a chat with like minded people. Have you attended other similar events in the past

Last time I met a fair few of the people from on here (David Behan ... Ken Stanley ... Micky ... and a few others whos names I can't spell right now) :D
Good event to go to business for the most part is not about what you know (though it helps) .. its about who you know.

What do you mean by boards beers?

Boards.ie is the biggest ? irish net community ... it regularily holds boards beers ... where members get together for a few pints ..

n3tFl0w

It really depends ... Do you drink ?
Like a fish... :)

are you social ? ...
Fairly...

are you interested in having a chat with like minded people.
Sure, Why not.

Have you attended other similar events in the past
Em... Nope.

Good event to go to business for the most part is not about what you know (though it helps) .. its about who you know.
True but is it going to be a business oriented evening? I do this for the fun. I make so little money from it that the tax man laughs any time I tell him... :(

gav240z

Bump

Just bumping this one back to the top, since the event is coming up this weekend and I don't want people to say they forgot :).

What time does everything think they will arrive?

Forbairt

True but is it going to be a business oriented evening? I do this for the fun. I make so little money from it that the tax man laughs any time I tell him... :(

Yes / No ... last time .. ended up watching the Rugby with MickyWall / David Behan / TheMenace ... my wife was there too and she doesn't do webdesign :) also dragged another non web friend along to meet up

Talked a bit about work ... australia ... music .. bulgaria .. france .... and so on :D

Really you'll get what you want out of it .. turn up .. and you don't like it head on somewhere else :)

What time does everything think they will arrive?

I'm about 15 minutes away so when I know when people will arrive I'll aim for that no doubt. May go for a pint or two with friends ...

gav240z

Confirm?

Anyone want to confirm what time they are coming?

I think I said 8pm on my blog, does that work for others?

@Richard, did you get in contact with the Harbour Master?

gav240z

I can't take credit.

I can't take credit, honestly its Richard Herne who kicks everyone's butt's into gear and gets it off the ground, I merely make the suggestion.

Will be good to see a few people that I haven't met yet.

Cheers,

nevf

Sorry lads, I won't be there.

Not only because of the inconvenience of travel, and getting the time off work, but also, not 'legally' allowed into pubs....

There's ways and means of getting the woman to follow along... you just have to offer an incentive...;)

davidbehan

Can we get a show of hands please? Who's still in?

I am. I should be there around 8.

If you have a blog, blog about it and get a few more in. If you tweet, twitter about it. And if you can email people about it too. Cool! :D

There's a number coming from outside the pale - last time we had people in from galway and belfast.

Forbairt

Any chance of a non-Dublin meet?

There are web developers outside the pale too :)

If you build it they will come ...

I'd be on for a trip to cork ... last time I came from Galway ... MickyWall came from Belfast ... think most others were local enough ... though jennifer had a bit of a drive home if memory serves me correctly

Can we get a show of hands please? Who's still in?

I am. I should be there around 8.

Should be there at 8 ish ... ye have my number I think (if not its on my site)
(Valérie-Anne ... may or may not tag along ... probably not .. and may drag ronan from last time along)

Status
Not open for further replies.