Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I'd be on for cork ... I've never really been so it would be cool to go down for a weekend or something :)

Fairplay for sponsoring as well :)

gav240z

I've an exciting weekend of website fixing / tweaking ahead of me, but since the boys asked so nicely (Messrs. Redfly and Behan) we (Web hosting Ireland, domain registratrion, dedicated servers, colocation - Blacknight Solutions) will be sponsoring the event again

I'd be up for something in Cork as well - gives me an excuse to visit the family! There's talk of a Barcamp being organised ...

That's great, thanks for doing that again. Really appreciated. This time I'm taking a Camera to get a few shots and so those who missed out can see how much fun we all had.

Cork sounds good for next time.

RedCardinal

I'd be up for something in Cork as well - gives me an excuse to visit the family! There's talk of a Barcamp being organised ...

New thread time maybe.

If we're going to do this let's go the whole hog. If we have a semi decent gang we could probably get a group rate from a hotel. It's pricey, but the Jury's on the weir is a nice spot.

I reckon a Saturday night gig, with an optional Friday night get together in Cork.

Any ideas about dates on Barcamp Michele? I'd thinking November could be a good month to to a Cork run - before the xmas madness.

Let's start thinking early and pulling something together. I'm sure Damien/Pat etc would be up for joining us also.

jsweb

I'm glad we are meeting in the "harbor Master" pub...

........that rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

paul

Ninja
If I have enough notice about the next one and it's in Cork I could well make it back.

Anyway enjoy the event tonight !

louie

I am only back - couldn't stay any longer with the pain in my stomach - but I did have a good night and few made it alright.

davidbehan

I'm kicking myself that I wasn't able to make it in. My car overheated while stuck in traffic because of the floods and had to abandon it. Traffic was at a stand still and couldn't get into town.

God damn weather!!!!

n3tFl0w

I'm kicking myself that I wasn't able to make it in. My car overheated while stuck in traffic because of the floods and had to abandon it. Traffic was at a stand still and couldn't get into town.

God damn weather!!!!

Was out buying some supplies yesterday and said I'd head down afterwards. 2 1/2 hours to get back to the gf's house from blanchardstown it normally takes about 20 mins. Absolutely mental. Couldn't get back out then cos the north circular was blocked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. For a country that gets so much rain - we don't deal with it very well.

RedCardinal

Sounds like quite a few people didn't make it due to the bad weather

Yeah - it was a pity the weather conspired against us, but it was still a good laugh and all in attendance enjoyed themselves. Thanks Michele for the drinks - they were very much appreciated.

So the next one hopefully will be Cork for the BarcampCork weekend (Oct.31 - Nov.1). I've been talking to Conor already, and I'm going to Ping Damien to see what we can arrange for the Friday evening.

Thanks again :)

jsweb

It was great meeting with a whole host of people who made it through the rain to the get together last night;

Special thanks to blacknight for the sponsorship (=drinks!); RedCardinal [Richard] who was able to remember everyones names so did a lot of introductions as people arrived and John from Google (Sorry for my 101 questions I bored u with ;).

As I mentioned to most people, I'm new to Ireland so it was great being able to meet with like minded web enthusiasts who have been helpful both online and whom I'm sure I'll get to meet again at a pub in the future.

Thanks to those who I swapped business cards with; always useful. If there is a get together in Cork then make sure you bring yours - always useful!!

>> For those who I spoke to about managing clients and project work; I'm totally loving Base Camp at Project management, collaboration, and task software: Basecamp -- "Basecamp is simple, easy to use, saves us a lot of time, and helps us be more effective."

>> I spoke with James and one or two others about using 3rd party developers for adhoc projects. We talked about those who promised the world but then couldnt deliver..lol There are lots of people out there we have used a company called MAVENPRO MavenPro: Complete Web designing and development solution company, kolkata (calcutta), India. who did manage to deliver good results. Tip: Always ask for a Portfolio

>> If you have any clients looking for eCommerce sites come and visit what we are offering with the delights of ZenCart and how we can white label these for you.

So until Cork....

Regards - Jamie [JSWeb]

Status
Not open for further replies.