Status
Not open for further replies.

osurdival

I have a website called www dot customsoftwaresolutions dot ie which was doing really well within google rankings for a number of strong keywords like “Custom software”, it was ranked about 4 or 5. I decided to update the website so I purchase a web template from templatemonster. The new site has been live for about the last 5-6 months! Since then our Google ranking is none existent. Yahoo and bing rankings are very strong!

I thought maybe the site was banned or penalised by google but when I do a search for site:customsoftwaresolutions.ie the pages are still index.

Can anyone help!!!

jmcc

I have a website called www dot customsoftwaresolutions dot ie which was doing really well within google rankings for a number of strong keywords like “Custom software”, it was ranked about 4 or 5.
According to a Google page rank checker (Google PageRank Checker - Check Google page rank of any web pages), it only has a PR of 1 at the moment so that's quite a fall.

I decided to update the website so I purchase a web template from templatemonster. The new site has been live for about the last 5-6 months! Since then our Google ranking is none existent. Yahoo and bing rankings are very strong!
Have you tried reverting to the previous design? Or have you lost any major inbound links? Perhaps the previous inbound links could have been to pages in the older schema?

Regards...jmcc

osurdival

Hey jmcc,

I still have the old design but i do not want to revert back to it! I did change nearly all the URL's to make them more SEO friendly. A lot of back links would have been to the main index page. What i can't understand is that yahoo and bing ranking remain good! Maybe all i need is to build more back links?

MOH

Hey jmcc,

I still have the old design but i do not want to revert back to it! I did change nearly all the URL's to make them more SEO friendly. A lot of back links would have been to the main index page. What i can't understand is that yahoo and bing ranking remain good! Maybe all i need is to build more back links?

Did you 301 redirect all the old URLs? Is google webmaster tools showing any crawl errors?

osurdival

I have 3 Crawl errors in the "Not Found" section (url's). I have remove some of the old url's within webmaster tools. I'm a dumb a**, never did a 301 redirect...

Cheers...

stephen186

301 redirection for old URL's is a good option.

Other than i guess if you are banned, google webmaster tool does show that...

Or your best best would be contact them and ask them what is the real issue.

osurdival

Thanks for that! Good to know there is no banned or penalty. I setup the 301 htaccess redirect last Friday so hopefully it will help. Again thanks for you help...

FrisArvz

Hey jmcc,

I see it! Its not the design that cause the sudden dropdown of Google SERP, but changes in your URL structure is really the cause. That will be another long way of getting it back there in Google...

osurdival

I keep on getting email from a website called "www dot enterurl dot com" they offer a submission service! What are your thoughts on this? Is this different to link farms!

gbonnet

Link building needs to be done by a proper consultant (in which case they don't advertise that way) or (preferably) by someone from the company.

All the email you receive like that are scams: at best it changes nothing (except for a spike in SERPs during the 1st week), at worst you're blacklisted (and to get out of that, apart from changing domain name there is not much you can do)

osurdival

Cheers for the advice! It just such a pain in the ass link building and link building services are expensive, €20 per link from some of the Irish seo companies! If it was more affordable i would go down that route. Thanks again...

RedEvo

£20 a link type links isn't the way to go. Think about it......

To secure a link you need to analyse the content, improve it where required and make it link worthy. Content is what secures great links. You then have to consider the types of pages who might link to your page by carrying out research.

You then have to engage with the owner of the page you would like the link from and convince them that linking to your page is good for their users.

If you can do all that for £20 you are a better man than me. The only types of link £20 a pop buys are spam links, forum spam, link farms, that sort of thing.

You have to understand where the back link idea comes from, academia. Dr Smith writes a paper and refers to research carried out by Dr Jones. By citing Dr Jones's paper Dr Smith is vouching for it, endorsing it and the 'worth' of Dr Jones's paper rises. This is the basic premiss the Google founders - who were academics - used to create their ranking algorithm.

Where links are concerned one quality link can blow thousands of spam links out of the water and with Google throwing 100's of PhD's at the problem of link spam it's not the way to go in my humble opinion.

d

gbonnet

Cheers for the advice! It just such a pain in the ass link building and link building services are expensive, €20 per link from some of the Irish seo companies! If it was more affordable i would go down that route. Thanks again...

I completely agree with RedEvo a SEO service where you pay for each link sound very weird to me.

Some links are worth much more than that, some much less.

Here are some stuff you can do your own :

- Find all websites that have some authority in your area of expertise and where you can get listed

- List some of your competitors that rank properly with some concurential queries and check where they got linked to (use Yahoo's site explorer for that : Site Explorer - Yahoo! Site Explorer) and try to get the same link.

That require some time though, but in this field you can't have a good ranking without investing time in your website and in link building.

RedCardinal

If you can get good links for €20 then take them. I know of companies that pay $200-300 per link in bulk, and they get a good return from that. But honestly, the best links are the ones you grow from great content.

Status
Not open for further replies.