Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Thank you Richard, agreed.

My points haven't gotten through clearly - apologies. I'll just restate them for the record. My comments are to do with PR not Ranking. I just want to state my point clearly, anyone and everyone is free to disagree with it.

My point is this: a domain in a highly competitive segment takes longer to achieve a high PageRank score and requires more backlinks. Similarly, a domain in very low competitive segment requires less backlinks and gets a higher PageRank sooner. Just going on what I've seen time and time again.

A domain in "Property investments" can have 200 backlinks and still only score a PR of 2/10 after 2 years wherease someone with no compeitition in their category (e.g. under a business name where there are no/few search cometitors) - they can have a PR of 4 or 5 out of ten within 12 months with just 1 or 2 backlinks.

If content didn't make a difference then both domains should have an equal PageRank after an equal amount of time with equal backlinks. The backlinks I create, I have a couple of hundred I turn on, so they are almost always the same, almost always from similar PR pages. My observation is that the domain without a highly competitive phrase doesn't need the same backlink count to get a higher PR.

Dsgnr

People said that Google will update PageRanks at the end of the March but still there isn't any update.

gbonnet

They exported the pagerank on the 1st of April (funny chaps at google ...).
Check your internal pages if your main ones have not moved.

dominicfilip

Google updates its PR every 3-4 months, and the last PR update by Google was in the month of Sept 2009 and this is its will sometiem in the month of March or April.

Status
Not open for further replies.