Status
Not open for further replies.

spagettilegs

just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between blackhat SEO and whitehat SEO? Seems to me that any link thats not completely natural is blackhat?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's primarily down to ethics and techniques

spagettilegs

Well thats where the problem lies. The assumption is that whitehat is good and blackhat is bad. Forum or blog posting for the purpose of SEO manually is good but autotmated forum posting is bad. Personally I don't see the difference except one pretends to contribute and one dosen't.

addyj679

White hat SEO is ethical way of doing SEO and whereas black hat is unethical way of doing SEO. Search engine don't like black hat SEO and can easily result in banning of website. Whereas white hat SEO can give your website good ranking on search engine.

matt12

The black hat SEO uses higher density in keywords and a poor quality content, invisible text and also doorway pages.On the other hand, the white hat strategies imply a unique content, an appropriate one, proper implemented meta tags and a correct keyword research for the right density in the on page optimization.

henryestvir

Blackhat can be considered unethical, it is going after a massive quantity of links in a really quick time period. Where as, white hat is clean, it's very quality, not as much quantity.

valentina

Black hat SEO refers to attempts to improve rankings in ways that are not approved by search engines and involve deception. They go against current search engine guidelines. White hat SEO refers to use of good practice methods to achieve high search engine rankings. They comply with search engine guideline.

bethanyboswell

As every webmaster know that White hat and black hat are two different types of SEO
In Search Engine Optimization white hat is good thing for your website
but black hat activity is not good for your site health because it is against Google terms & conditions
Google will give you penalty if you work according to black hat techniques

robert45

Google mentioned tow types of SEO one is white hat second one black hat

White hat SEO: Everybody have to follow white hat SEO method as google want make manullay right way link. you could check out this blog webopedia.com/TERM/W/White_Hat_SEO.html

Black hat SEO:Anyone shouldn't have follow this type of SEO as google don't like spammy software based fast link check out more details websearch.about.com/od/seononos/a/spamseo.htm

walter

It isn't really complicated at all. White hat and black hat are just new, fancy terms for something that's been around for a long time. One has integrity, the other doesn't. One reaches its goals by honest means, the other uses sleazy tricks to try and get ahead. Keyword stuffing, comment spam, link stuffing... That's black hat. It pisses people off. You get a lot of black hats on places like WarriorForum, which can be a real cesspool sometimes.

White hatters are people who need to make a living, but don't feel like stooping to the desperate level of black hatters to make that living. They posts blog posts that genuinely try to provide value or new information to the reader, post thoughtful comments, etc.

Overall, I think the "white hat" approach is the one to take if you want peace of mind and self-satisfaction. Your long-term gains will probably be greater, as well.

Asif

White Hat SEO is where your user are happy with the stuff you are putting on your website or blog and your Search Engines are also finding it easy to trace you on the net. Once your Page Title, URL and Description + Keywords are friendly to your Search Engines and your users then its called White Hat SEO.

On the other hand if, your Page Title, URL and Key words are Search Engine friendly but the description of your blog or site is not user friendly and not able to retain visitors on your site OR if the description is good for users but your page title, URL and keywords are not Search Engine friendly then its known as Black Hat SEO in simplest terms.:)

Asif (network marketer Empower Network - Make Money Online with Asif Ayub)

robertwalker

White hat refers to the standard and good practice of SEO efforts to achieve high search engine rankings. On the contrary, black hat SEO is the attempts to manipulate ranking results and involve deception and unethical works. Besides, black hat breaks search engine rules, bad links and rushing into a poor-quality service.

RobertSBui

I have found that Black Hat may work, but most of the benefits that it does provide are only temporary. If you can actually get traffic the White Hat way, it tends to linger a bit longer. Not sure if everyone would agree with me on that, but that is what I consider one of the main differences.

craigly

White Hat SEO means Create everything ethical and Manually but not automotive machine or robotic. Black hat seo means are robotics which is generate machine or software. Black hat SEO create a result quickly but after few days Google must be hit the site and fall down.

dexsmart

There are days when you will believe that black hat is more helpful than white hat. But despite that time, education and trust are some things that will balance the difference between them.

capsulelady

The difference between black hat and white hat SEO relates to the specific techniques used when trying to improve the search engine ranking of a website or web page. I prefer whitehat :)

robertwalker

White is the standard process that is usually done in SEO, while the black hat comes with manipulation and low making standard of links and all other related efforts. Blackhat mainly used for fast ranking results, but these methods are in direct conflict with the rules and search engine guidelines.

Mark Henry

White hat SEO means ethical ways of SEO and black hat SEO means unethical ways of SEO. White hat SEO is the key to improve ranking on SERP while black hat SEO can bring penalty on your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.