Wikiscanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooneydavid

Wikiscanner, interesting find

Has anyone used the Wikiscanner? Its a really cool tool. I was on it the other night and I was browsing around and I found this

WikiScanner results

If you click on Nell McCafferty you will find someone left a nasty comment on the wiki. I think the person who wrote this should have been a little less careless and gone through a proxy. Would you agree Michele?

niall

Has anyone used the Wikiscanner? Its a really cool tool. I was on it the other night and I was browsing around and I found this

WikiScanner results

If you click on Nell McCafferty you will find someone left a nasty comment on the wiki. I think the person who wrote this should have been a little less careless and gone through a proxy. Would you agree Michele?

I already commented on your blog before I saw this. Do a "whois -i origin AS39122". Currently on Blacknight's own AS there is over 12k IPv4 and 400m IPv6 addresses. I'm down as admin-c and tech-c on all of that. Does that mean I'm responsible for every piece of traffic from every IP on the range?

The range in question hasn't been used by Blacknight in almost 2 years. When it was in use, it was mainly customer servers. Since it was used to post edits to Wikipedia, it was most likely a server being abused as a proxy. It looks like Rokscom aren't keeping their RIPE information up to date.

Niall.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member

WikiScanner results

That's the dumbest accusation I've ever seen. It's also a very dangerous accusation to make against me personally

My name is associated with thousands of IP addresses, I am a listed contact for our RIPE membership etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.