Status
Not open for further replies.

rikg

Hi guys,

just want peoples opinion on my site winemax dot ie

get a few orders now and then, but would like them to pick up a bit. gonna add a testimonials page shortly, which is something i think i need. All comments welcome and appreciated. :D

regards

Rik

n3tFl0w

I'm sure you're trying to help your search engine cause with all the copy at the bottom but it looks terrible... but that's a personal opinion because I know what people are trying to do.

Again, I know you're trying to make money from this but that adverts box at the top on a commercial website? Are you going to keep that? I know it only links to your site at the minute but its a little misleading I reckon.

Its a pretty nice site, though there are few things like font choice and colour that mean it doesn't gel together very well.

Again - I like the idea, but there's a few small things that I would change. but some of the other more seasoned folks will probably have more and better things to point out.

rikg

thanks very much for the reply. yeah, i know the copy on the bottom of the main page is a bit lame, but it helps my search engine rankings sooo much.

i'm always constantly updating the site so i'll def take your points on board. What do you not like about font choice and colour?

MOH

I don't think the grey headings in the copy stand out at all. And the places where you have a string of bold sub headings underneath look worse.

If you could do it, might be a help to have a preview of the label to give people an idea of whether they've entered the details correctly.

rikg

yeah, i'd love to have a preview function, wherby people could see their labels. if anyone knows how to do this or of anyone who could do this I would be very interested.

sticker

I agree with earlier comment, VERY bad use of colours and too brash overall. A more subtile approach is neeed for your design style

K

Kieran

Dump the text at the bottom as previous poster said. Google mayl come and get you for keywostuffing at some stage for it.

Put it elsewhere. Nobody says it has to be on the front page and I doubt that it is helping your search rankings that much to be honest. If your sitemap is up to date and accurate you shouldn't have to worry.

As for the rest of the site. I think the front page is a bit cluttered. I personally would make the customised label the selling point and not the wine and have a simple Step 1 -2 -3 on the centre and trim down the rest of the content.

Just my opinion as I am less is more sort of person when it comes to web pages.

googlebomber76

I think it's a pretty good looking site, I said to myself i'll go on there and I might buy a bottle of wine..but i didn't:(

You need to tell me more about the product, maybe links to the vineyard, your own reviews, 3rd part reviews, customer reviews just something to give me a little more information about the wine..
Tell me what food it's best with, maybe best for steak etc..

I don't know is there a wine review site in ireland but it mighten be a bad idea to set that up as well and have the two of them linking to each other..(you've got a pm)

saying that if I want a presonalised bottle i'll be back..

best of luck with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.