Word of warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

johned

If you get contacted by a UK firm named vardis trying to sell advertising on calanders be very carefull what you say to them on the phone because they target people that are using adwords, Business directories ect with a salesman who just wants you to agree and say yes as they record the conversation ,then they use some verbal contract/ distance trading law to try and get money of you.

I was told that for 395 pounds my add would go on 1500 calenders around my area ie mayo galway sligo. They then sent me a copy of the add from a department named artroom that spell design as desssign on the final proof and they had just taken the logo and heading from my site. The 395 has also turned in to 464 pounds, Finding it hard to contact them i googled "vardis" and felt like a mug when I read what they have been at in england. I finnaly got through to them at lunch time and told them i was misled by one of there sales men and want to cancel to which she replied its past the cancelation date. I told them i hadnt signed any contract and she said that under the distance selling law they have me on a verbal contract.

I have read more about them and they only give 12.5 percent to the childrens charity and keep 87.5 themselvs. They told me they will send me a few callanders when they are done so i presume the 1500 people that will see the add are the other advertisers.

My advice to anybody who gets a call from these companies is to not say anything, hang up and google them which i wish i did..

raul

Were you warned at the beginning of the first conversation that it is gonna be recorded ( even for training purposes ) ? If not ...well than you're covered.

nevf

Were you warned at the beginning of the first conversation that it is gonna be recorded ( even for training purposes ) ? If not ...well than you're covered.
Unless you were specifically notified, that the call would be recorded/monitored, even under english law, you are legally covered.

You are not warranting a contract, even a verbal contract until specific involvement has been undertaken by yourself.

In the case of a shop, you walk in, and as you leave the shop with the product in your hand, you are agreeing to the contract. if right was right, they should have sent you an "initiation" letter previous to that.

F

fantastvik

If you get contacted by a UK firm named vardis trying to sell advertising on calanders be very carefull what you say to them on the phone because they target people that are using adwords, Business directories ect with a salesman who just wants you to agree and say yes as they record the conversation ,then they use some verbal contract/ distance trading law to try and get money of you.

I was told that for 395 pounds my add would go on 1500 calenders around my area ie mayo galway sligo. They then sent me a copy of the add from a department named artroom that spell design as desssign on the final proof and they had just taken the logo and heading from my site. The 395 has also turned in to 464 pounds, Finding it hard to contact them i googled "vardis" and felt like a mug when I read what they have been at in england. I finnaly got through to them at lunch time and told them i was misled by one of there sales men and want to cancel to which she replied its past the cancelation date. I told them i hadnt signed any contract and she said that under the distance selling law they have me on a verbal contract.

I have read more about them and they only give 12.5 percent to the childrens charity and keep 87.5 themselvs. They told me they will send me a few callanders when they are done so i presume the 1500 people that will see the add are the other advertisers.

My advice to anybody who gets a call from these companies is to not say anything, hang up and google them which i wish i did..
i have read about them in blagger post. these Vardis cause misery for their naive victims in the name of The Forresters Fund and the Fund are quite happy to receive a small percentage of the rewards from that misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.