Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The Wordpress development team announced the release of Wordpress 2.0.1 earlier this evening.

Hopefully all the bugs have now been squashed :)

paul

Ninja
WordPress › Blog » WordPress 2.2

Wordpress 2.2. has been released. I guess I will wait until the weekend to update my blogs.
Goodies:

• WordPress Widgets allow you to easily rearrange and customize areas of your weblog (usually sidebars) with drag-and-drop simplicity. This functionality was originally available as a plugin Widgets are now included by default in the core code, significantly cleaned up, and enabled for the default themes.
  • Full Atom support, including updating our Atom feeds to use the 1.0 standard spec and including an implementation of the Atom Publishing API to complement our XML-RPC interface.
  • A new Blogger importer that is able to handle the latest version of Google’s Blogger product and seamlessly import posts and comments without any user interaction beyond entering your login.
  • Infinite comment stream, meaning that on your Edit Comments page when you delete or spam a comment using the AJAX links under each comment it will bring in another comment in the background so you always have 20 items on the page. (I know it sounds geeky, but try it!)
  • We now protect you from activating a plugin or editing a file that will break your blog.
  • Core plugin and filter speed optimizations should make everything feel a bit more snappy and lighter on your server.
  • We’ve added a hook for WYSIWYG support in a future version of Safari.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There doesn't seem to be any mention of whether this new release will play nice with existing plugins or not.

Anyone know anything about it?

Redfly

Upgrade went fine (I think) and all plugins seem to be working without issues. (Although I don't use that many).

writie

I de-activated all the plugins, backed up and then upgraded using the Itron. Everything OK, except that the image I had created for the header disappeared. That's where the back-up came in handy!
All the plug-ins worked perfectly afterwards when re-activated.

ConorP

I'm about to test 2.3 today. Has anyone started to use it ? (download).

No I'm avoiding it because of the fact its sending back data about plugins etc to Wordpress and I don't trust Matt based on his responses on the wp mailing lists.

If anything it will push up the plans to move to MT.

Cormac

You can install an extension to block that data transmit thing. I don't know much about any of the things added to 2.3 and the debate around it.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
WordPress 2.3.3 is an urgent security release. A flaw was found in our XML-RPC implementation such that a specially crafted request would allow any valid user to edit posts of any other user on that blog. In addition to fixing this security flaw, 2.3.3 fixes a few minor bugs. If you are interested only in the security fix, download the fixed version of xmlrpc.php and copy it over your existing xmlrpc.php. Otherwise, you can get the entire release here.

Also, there is a vulnerability in the WP-Forum plugin that is being actively exploited right now. If you are using this plugin, please remove it until an update is available.

Since we are talking security, remember to use strong passwords and change them regularly. While you’re updating WP and your plugins, consider refreshing your passwords.
Looks like a important update

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I only updated the security fix but it seams to have broken my feed on here.

I works fine in WP and feed burner and the XML looks fine, must take a look at " XML error: Invalid document end at line 2"

paul

Ninja
Anyone know an easy way to update via SVN, the thing is I would like to have a general code base (as I've modified one of the core wordpress files). So the SVN would be on my computer, and then I would grab that from the server instead of the official wordpress version.

I would also like a repository for the plugins I use. Currently I am managing 10+ Wordpress installations and it takes a bit of time to update all of them.

Redfly

Anyone know an easy way to update via SVN, the thing is I would like to have a general code base (as I've modified one of the core wordpress files). So the SVN would be on my computer, and then I would grab that from the server instead of the official wordpress version.

I would also like a repository for the plugins I use. Currently I am managing 10+ Wordpress installations and it takes a bit of time to update all of them.

Hi Paul,
You might want to have a read of this:
Upgrading and Installing WordPress from Subversion - WordPress - Joost de Valk's SEO Blog

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
MT is starting to look more and more like an option (was planning on new templates anyways .. might as well be for MT)

1 Install to rule them all and on the webserver .. bind them

Status
Not open for further replies.