Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliana

This web design company http://www.esightdesign.com/portfolio.htm has acis on their portfolio page and says they reworked it "Athlone central information services is an online business directory for Athlone. Esightdesign designed a new web marketing program for acisl.com. This involved a complete site redesign (by ACIS), although the general look and feel of the site was kept."
Ouch

redpower

worst site of the week? what happen to that site? a lot of site becoming worst. hope they can improve back their site if they can...:D

cressa

esightdesign dot com

that has got to be the worst site i have ever seen, certainly the worst for a web designer

link8r

This is a little gem...

Even though this is a bargain basement supplier, whats worse is that they manage to deliver a site for €300 that looks like it cost €20!

link8r

Thanks for mentioning that too Dave - they've clearly mastered SEO. I've no idea what is they are doing with SEO but they don't even show for their own name. Out of curiosity, if I linked to a page on my site that 301'd to theirs, would that allow me to publish it back here again for everyone's enjoyment? :D

link8r

Incidently, the site that was removed can be found by clicking on the first result in this Google result. It's actually very hard to get this Web Design / SEO company to be #1 in a result, so I resorted to putting in their name and acronym and Pages from Ireland and they then came up. Well done to their SEO team:

affordable web solutions AWS - Google Search

Redfly

Yea, I'm staying out of this from here on out. Wild accusations of abusive phone calls (Do I REALLY have time for something like that?), legal threats and blatant flying off the handle leads me to believe these guys are pretty volatile. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut from now on.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Clever marketing ... get a load of inbound links to your site ... then do a 301 redirect to another companies site so they get the link love ... those craft bast*ards :D

TheMenace

If you're in an industry, posturing as a professional and pitching for contracts but without any ability, talent or know-how then you deserve as much abuse as you'll inevitably get.

To owners of contentious company - get a junior position in an agency, learn the trade, gain experience and then start out on your own. Charging clients for a service you can't provide and learning on the job is deplorable. It's called being a cowboy. :(

link8r

WTF?

Affordable Business Website Design, SEO & FREE Website Hosting by AWS will bring you to the website in question. Why thhe original link was removed, is beyond me.

They claim to have a unique terms & conditions page that says linking to them without permission is illegal! So BK, diplomatically, removed the link I posted. I didn't post out of mallice, God knows I've had more than one site slated in my time :) but thats business. So I had to repost from Google - I thought, well if they want to sue Google for breaking their "no-link" rule, go for it :D

Here is a link to posts they put up on Michele's blog about the link and suing BK: A New and Bizarre Approach To The Internet and Online Marketing - Michele Neylon :: Pensieri

Again, apologies to RedFly and BK about the accusations they made. We've all put work up here and had a 100 comments, good and bad. We live in a free and open society where open communication is valued. I posted this here as a community effort. Sorry that they don't see it the same way.

Funny thing is, I posted this late on Sunday night, only RedFly saw it, it was listed as a new post by Monday am, so if they had said NOTHING, nobody would actually have come to know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.