www.swiftphotography.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanHamill

Hi there,

I would appreciate a quick review of the site www[.]swiftphotography[.]ie, it still needs a small bit of work (the blog, in particular, is just a shell) but would like to hear people thoughts on what's there so far.

Thanks,

Sean

sparky

A nice site, but feedback is:

- home, blog, profile links at top are too close to top of page and too easy to miss in dark grey, suggest change of colour and use of leading bullet point.

- Site can feel a little disjointed when switching from home page to another page, as a slightly different layout has been used on home page. Making it seemless would be better.

Rgds

SeanHamill

Yeah, I also felt there was something not right about those links, I brightened them up a bit and added a bit more space like you suggested. Not sure about changing the homepage layout, client was very happy with it. I wonder what others have to say about that...?

sparky

I like the home page layout as well, but you just need consistency across the site. You don't want things appearing to jump as you transition pages.

Rgds

tricky_d

Have you got any client feedback content available? Could have it in the blog maybe.

Could have more info on what you get for Wedding photography especially and what is involved. Couples are often nervy about wedding photography so some more info an endorsements could help them further towards making enquiries. Some typical pricing would also be good even though it is a piece of string length thing. Price is so important for making purchase decisions.

blueark

Overall, it's easy enough to find your way around, and generally looks quite well. A couple of suggestions though:
  • I'm not sure if the site is big enough to warrant a site map. Perhaps have a 'Portfolio' link instead, providing access to the same links that are on the home page. Personally, I found it a bit odd that you had to go back to the home page just to find out where to see samples of work.
  • On the inner pages, the logo at the top does sit right for me. It's a bit too dominant or something... The home page logo (with text) seems to be a better size and might suit better? Perhaps having it at the top of the page (even beside the navigation) on all pages, including home, might even give you the consistency discussed by others above.
  • Speaking of consistency, the side bar is usually on the left, but is on the right for the portfolio section. I'd say pick one or the other and stick with it.
  • Some of the text probably should include links. For example, "Please contact Brian for..." could link to the contact page, or "Prints of these photos (and others) are available to buy" and "Donations are also gratefully accepted" could link to an appropriate page or site.
Hope that helps, but of course it's just an opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.