Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Crunch

Hey guys. Does being listed in the Yahoo Directory still have an impact on your SEO efforts? Do you still have to pay for it? In other words will me spending money on a yahoo directory listing help with my rankings?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
AFAIK they don't charge for UK / Ireland listings.

link8r

Meh - I can't imagine that Yahoo (or DMOZ) count for much. I haven't tried listing anything in them for years and it's never been a problem.

Satanta

AFAIK they don't charge for UK / Ireland listings.
They appear to be closing the service in November. It might still be worth trying, but I wouldn't be hopeful.

Meh - I can't imagine that Yahoo (or DMOZ) count for much.
I tend to agree.

If you're on a tight budget and in a relatively small niche, there are far more targeted methods that would more than likely provide far better results and measurable targeted traffic. If you're trying to rank for a large variety of terms, already have a fairly rounded approach, if you're in a non bloated and frequently indexed category and can make a large financial gain from improvements then it's something to consider on a case by case basis.

If it's a non commercial site you can still submit it for free (no agreed review period, so you'll be waiting for it similar to DMOZ), but if it's commercial you have to pay. If you're trying to attract advertisers to your site, they commonly review sites using the various toolbars so having a DMOZ or Y! directory listing can have an added value there (depending on the advertisers and their personal view on it).

Captain Crunch

Thanks for the tips.Yahoo Directory does still seem to be trying to chage me $299 for the listing so Im not paying that unless it really is a big help!
Cheers for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.