Status
Not open for further replies.

Toiletroll

Hi guys,
I have submitted to Yahoo UK & Ireland but should I do the paid directory listing?

Also - I am trying to find out how to add the site to Zoom, though I hate their site and its not very clear. I cannot find how to add it and I cannot find the prices. Anyone know thep rices of this or have a URL to the page I require?

Thanks again

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,
I have submitted to Yahoo UK & Ireland but should I do the paid directory listing?
Unless they've changed things again, which is possible, Yahoo submissions are free for UK & Ireland. You'd only have to pay for the US directory

askaboutfood.ie

I asked the same question a while ago. Opinion is mixed as to whether paid submission to Yahoo is worth it. General consensus is that no-one really knows for sure, so my advice is to take advantage of the strong dollar and go for it. It certainly can't do any harm, and directories don't come much more reputable than Yahoo.

BUT, it should only form part of a general otimisation campaign - other areas that are just as important are publishing frequently updated and relevant content, on-page SEO, general link building, etc.

(In my short time working on SEO, I've come to the conclusion that whatever question you ask, chances are you'll eventually receive 2 completely conflicting answers. I think a lot of what makes a site successful is just common sense, providing quality content that SE's WANT to index, and steering clear of deliberate attempts to spam the search engines - just my 2c).

John

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
(In my short time working on SEO, I've come to the conclusion that whatever question you ask, chances are you'll eventually receive 2 completely conflicting answers. I think a lot of what makes a site successful is just common sense, providing quality content that SE's WANT to index, and steering clear of deliberate attempts to spam the search engines - just my 2c).

John

That pretty much sums it up.

Unfortunately a lot of people tend to get bogged down in the minutiae and miss the bigger picture :)

Michele

Toiletroll

John

That pretty much sums it up.

Unfortunately a lot of people tend to get bogged down in the minutiae and miss the bigger picture :)

Michele

And who is missing the picture? :p

I am link building, in fact I have a secret weapon but the site is not ready for lots of traffic yet. The quote system is still being tweaked etc before any major traffic. I am constantly researching keywords and making changes throughout the site. Subtle ones at the moment. We plan on making a lot more content available

I have an ambitious link building campaign though it will be progressive.

Toiletroll

Would someone mind giving me the URL to zoominfo's page where I can pay and submit my site?

I have been on their site ZoomInfo.com for the past 30 mins and I cannot find where I can pay and add the site! :(

Thanks

Banana Man

The Yahoo directory wont send you much direct traffic, on that basis only it's not nearly worth the cash. In terms of SEO though i use it as it's one of the most trusted human edited directories, i'm fairly certain it gave my site a good boost but i wasn't keeping tabs that much.

Toiletroll

EDIT -

The answer to my query is as follows:

In order for ZoomInfo to learn more about your company, be sure that your corporate web site includes a few descriptive text paragraphs describing what the company does, with the name of the company as the subject of key sentences, and a copyright notice at the bottom of the page. Once this is completed, you can submit your corporate homepage via email to sitesubmit@zoominfo.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.