Backordering a .ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormac-pm

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any sort of back-ordering service for .ie's - there's a domain that I'm interested in that will lapse fairly soon - is my only option to check iedr.ie on a regular basis or are there other methods? Thanks.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
It's pretty much your only option for now given the rules and regulations regarding .ie domain registration

I believe that domains are removed from the registry on fridays

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's something that we've been looking at quite closely for some time. Unfortunately due to the way the registry operates and its current rules and procedures offering such a service would be problematic

cormac-pm

It's something that we've been looking at quite closely for some time. Unfortunately due to the way the registry operates and its current rules and procedures offering such a service would be problematic

It would be a great service if you did. Anyway my persistence paid off, the domain was dropped this morning and I've snapped it up. Am very happy with that result.

Anyway as a side, Blacknight, I tried to register the domain using your service but I gave up and registered it with Digiweb when I wasn't able to submit your form - the registration form asked me for an RBN number, I've no idea what that is and I've never been asked for it with any of the previous half-dozen .ie's I've registered.

As a sole trader I've only ever been asked for my CRO number before. It might be worth clarifying what you're looking for or leaving it until the second stage of registration.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
It would be a great service if you did. Anyway my persistence paid off, the domain was dropped this morning and I've snapped it up. Am very happy with that result.

Anyway as a side, Blacknight, I tried to register the domain using your service but I gave up and registered it with Digiweb when I wasn't able to submit your form - the registration form asked me for an RBN number, I've no idea what that is and I've never been asked for it with any of the previous half-dozen .ie's I've registered.

As a sole trader I've only ever been asked for my CRO number before. It might be worth clarifying what you're looking for or leaving it until the second stage of registration.

I don't think there is such a thing as a CRO number ? I could be mistaken is that your account number and if so I don't believe it is accepted by the IEDR?

An RBN is your Registered Business Name (number) when you apply as a sole trader with the CRO this is what you're applying for you fill out form RBN1 or similar and you receive your RBN number :)

Best of luck with your new website :)

cormac-pm

Sorry, I meant the number that's given on the Company Details page of the CRO website. They simply label it 'Number', is that the same as the RBN? If so that's what caused my confusion.

Thanks. It's not a new site though, just a better domain name. :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback - we'll see about rewording that or adding a link to an explanation or something

Status
Not open for further replies.