heavy handed jelsoft (vbulletin) enforcers pissing me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busarus

received another of these....
of course when I login at vbulletin , it is the correct url for the site but it's the language used... trying to force you to buy a new license

and of course I suspect that Katarzyna Hodowana doesnt exist as a reply goes to a Howard Spinks

Subject: Urgent Action and Response Required Please RE: vBulletin forum @ Irish Architecture Planning Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Importance: High

Date: 20 March 2009

URGENT ACTION AND RESPONSE REQUIRED PLEASE

Re: vBulletin Software use Irish Architecture Planning Forums - Powered by vBulletin

vBulletin actively protects its intellectual property through "Pirate Reports" (Pirate Reports) and is keen to avoid formal reporting, to identify any administrative errors, or errors where license owners may have incorrectly followed the registration procedure and licensing terms and conditions. The license agreement can be viewed at vBulletin - License Agreement

If you are receiving this email as a network or host we are having difficulties making contact with an end user and would ask that you please assist by passing this email to them so they may have prior notice of our intentions to take further action in the event that the matter is not resolved.

NOTIFICATION:

I am a Copyright Enforcement Agent for Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Howarth Lodge, 7 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Reading, RG8 7LR, the exclusive owners of vBulletin forum software.

The licensing database indicates that there is no current license linked to the use of the above identified software's (by reported URL or IP address) and I need to confirm with you if there is any logical reason for the omission. If you have not linked your license to the location where the software is in use, as a necessary part of the software registration process, please log in to https://www.vbulletin.com/members and do so without delay. Please then notify us so we may close our investigation.

If your financial records indicate that payment has been made in relation to the reported software please contact sales@vbulletin.com and ensure the payment and license information is correct. If you do not have a license please delete the software or license it immediately at vBulletin - Order Form

Regards

Katarzyna Hodowana
Investigator
Poland & Eastern Europe

Hsekhar

Ok, Now, Is that a fraud email sent by someone to make you purchase the software via their affiliate links (If vbulletin has the affiliate program)? Are you a legal (licensed) user in the first place?

Pirate Reports

Get Your Facts Straight

The net is littered with this sort of ignorance, stupidity and LIBEL.

Firstly had the user even bothered to contact my company I would have informed him/her that this is a spoof email which never even originated from my company, and secondly Katarzyna Hodowana is a person who works for me and resides in Warsaw Poland. I reply to all queries from English speakers and only very occasionally will I utilise my Staffs' language skills if needed as Kate is pretty good at Russian as well as speaking her native Polish, Gheorghe speaks Italian and of course Romanian and Ali, Cristian & Cipri speak Romanian. They all speak English at varying levels but as anyone will know writing in a second language is a different expertise so why would I expect them to answer emails.

In case anyone else does't know how to find my web site and doesn't prefers Libel to the truth it's piratereports.c** (I am not permitted to enter a url) and I even have a contact us page or you can reply to the alleged staff members email address as I get all those as well.

markb

Perhaps I need new glasses, but where in the name of god is the libel there? All i see is a statement of fact, that he received this email which he did. He didn't make it up.

He also states a suspicion that he has. Suspicions are not libellous.

Wind in your neck.

That email looks like thae standard one that you send out. I don't see why, or how it is a spoof.

Pirate Reports

Perhaps I need new glasses, but where in the name of god is the libel there? All i see is a statement of fact, that he received this email which he did. He didn't make it up.

He also states a suspicion that he has. Suspicions are not libellous.

Wind in your neck.

That email looks like thae standard one that you send out. I don't see why, or how it is a spoof.

In law, defamation – also called calumny, libel, slander (for spoken words), and vilification (for written or otherwise published words) – is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

I must admit I thought Slander was the spoken word and Libel was written but I stand corrrected by Wikipedia (the source of the above) if I should have said Villification.

In my humble opinion the post fits the above very clearly and as you are intimating I am lying about the email, yours also.

Our emails are all digitally signed and I see nothing on this email or proof that it came from our OWN server which I know it didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.