Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

I've seen a lot worse not only on my own account but others too.

Don't suppose you have channels set-up and know which banners is giving you those results?

Cormac

Nah, I have no channels setup. I just login, pick some colours and throw up the adsense code.

TheMenace

Just as a matter of interest Cormac, what kind of footfall do you have on the site? What was the ratio of visitors landed to AdSense clicks?

paul

Ninja
17.5 cents a click bad ?

Cormac you should have a look at your block list in Adsense you can get rid of some of those MFA sites. That should help a little.

Tom

Nice steady growth for me for the last few weeks. But I have been busy with it recently and I did make some changes to ad placement on one of my sites a few weeks ago which really gave a nice boost. Day to day numbers can be up and down, so I really only compare a min of 7 days. My best earner only makes about 11cents a click, another site I have averages 40cents a click but unfortunately it's not as busy.

ButtermilkJack

$25.84 in 4 months... woo-hoo!! In fairness though, it's a very niche site and I only really placed the ads as an experiment as I'd never used them before. Might end up earning enough to pay for the hosting by the end of the year! :)

bucks

Mine is up and down..

Today i had 4 clicks which earned me $2.98 compared to yesterday where i had 1 click which earned $0.07

I recently changed all the ads to text based as opposed the banners, has made a big difference on the amount being clicked !!

dude

Funny -

Dole.ie gets loads of clicks. Jobjobs.ie gets hardly any. Both have pretty much the same content so as a result the same adsense.

Jobjobs.ie get about 10 - 20 times $ per click than dole.ie.

Strange?

louie

I did few changes to my adsense as well to see what works the best.
Everyone seems to try blending the ads as much as possible into the page, so it doesn't stand out as much, which i did myself, but the CTR was very bad. Made few changes making sure the ads are standing out from the crowded text and the CTR went up.

paul

Ninja
For AdSense you have to test, test and test some more. And in the end it will pay off. Channels and split tests are your friend !

TheMenace

My returns are through the floor. A month ago I was looking at between $10 and $18 a day and the last week or so I haven't gone over $2. 84c yesterday for 11 clicks. :mad:

paul

Ninja
TheMenace : you should check the quality of your pages (i.e. little or no content or what not), and manually visit the sites that are on some of the low paying sites and then add them to your block filter. Do you use channels ?

TheMenace

I've done that Paul and the trends haven't changed that much, with the same advertisers. It's just that there seem to be peaks and troughs for CPC rates. It's generally a fairly well paying sector (property, mortgages, overseas property, etc) but it's quite inconsistent.

Anyway, I'm on to a winner today so far so let's hope that's the end of the ebb for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.