Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Its nice ...

few comments / questions ...

why the change in colour scheme ?

your h1 text on your front page doesn't match up exactly to your actual image <h1>Your resource for helping you fight spam day after day </h1>

I would say the .. antispam logo ? ... is a bit on the comic side of things ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
why the change in colour scheme ?

To avoid confusion

It's a very separate service from the ones we offer on our main sites.
The site was originally intended to be more of a resource than a sales site :)

your h1 text on your front page doesn't match up exactly to your actual image <h1>Your resource for helping you fight spam day after day </h1>
Eh?
I would say the .. antispam logo ? ... is a bit on the comic side of things ?
Err ok, but is that good or bad?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
professional service ... comic ish image ?

doesn't exactly work for me

I would emphasis your logo less as well ... and have anti spam as the main piece ...

apart from that the rest of the site is nice looking

(the H1 comment was just that the text in your H1 which is replaced by an image isn't an exact match)

neweb

I like it,
Very clean design and easy to navagate.

The logo is fine from where I'm sitting.

Kill bugs....... what more do you want :)

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Put the contact form on the contact us page! All roads on the site seam to lead there and its not exactly optimized for conversions

raul

Nice,even the logo ...
Have a look at it in IE , the page is shrinked(!?) ( and I'm on a wide screen ).
It wouldn't be a problem but the last two buttons (Service Features & Contact Us ) look weird.

GimmeDat

There's a massive market out there for something like this. SME's for example, (IMO) are more likely to purchase Full Internet Security Suites not because of spyware or virus protection but to primarily prevent spam.

This looks very interesting and easy to setup but it really depends if there is a simple pricing structure? Can you provide pricing or is it bespoke?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
This looks very interesting and easy to setup but it really depends if there is a simple pricing structure? Can you provide pricing or is it bespoke?

We're currently finalising the pricing and making a few tweaks to the site etc., before we launch it officially

Pricing, however, will be aimed at the higher end of the market

cgarvey

I'll probably get lambasted, but this, IMO, is far from ready to launch.

My gripes:
  • AntiSpam.ie written logo looks thrown together in 30 seconds
  • The text in the main body of the page is too small and is too tech-rich. "MX records?" There are plenty of IT Managers, let alone key decision makers, that have no idea what those are.
  • Provide a source for your 97.5% claim to avoid it being dismissed. For example why so high when X quotes 70%, etc.
  • The 3 feature panels, and the pages behind them, are all over the place. You're mixing in general spam background info with key sales points, yet somehow trying to separate them as well. I'd have thought the split would be easy enough; General Spam Info / Why AS.ie is so good (comparison to other services, etc.) / Tech FAQs/background. I'd even push the general spam info lower down the pecking order (if I want general info, I'm not going to rely on a site that sells services on the back of it). Better again, I'd have:
    • "Why AS.ie?" (with how good you are, the different approach, and the comparison to other services.
    • "Getting Started", or something like that, to show how simple the process is (with as little reference to MX records as possible!).
    • "Want to Know More?" which gives company details / tech details / FAQs / etc.
  • The imagery used is all very clip-arty and doesn't seem to relate to the content associated with it.
  • The bug with crossed circle through it is an old cliche now, surely!
  • The general texts are too small, with a bit too much whitespace

Harsh? Yes, I think so, but I've come to expect a higher standard from BK, and this doesn't approach it, I'm afraid. IMO, at least!

raul

Sorry for the " Unregistered version " background ...:)

RedCardinal

More info pages are going to be an obvious drop out point - too text heavy.

Like the homepage, but currently the primary focus is the more info links - focus user on some sort of conversion (such as the form).

Agree with others - logo font is poor.

Without pricing it's pointless making any more comment.

Nice idea though :)

Who designed that - Alan? Has his look about it :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'll pass on all the positive and negative feedback and we'll see about making a few changes to the site

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.