Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

-- DISCLAIMER: NOT LEGAL ADVICE --

Actually, and sicerest apoloiges for not saying this earlier - I'm shocked that someone is admitting to just copying Forbairt's/Forbairt's Clients Meta-information.; I do see this as a copyright infringement of sorts but I'm shocked at the arrogance of the other party.

Forbairt - I sympathise fully with you

raul

Talking about.."ethics"...*cough*...just noticed now that GalwayHotYoga ( @forbairt s client business/LTD/website name ) on .com was registerd by the owners of hotyoga.ie ...

Hmm....com domain name stolen...meta description stolen...:)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
@link8r the only way you can prevent other people trade under the same name is registering a TM.
Like...if you don't TM "primaryposition"...nothing can stop me to register another "primaryposition" business name and trade under it...:). Funny - but true.

So true

The meta-description is technically content. Its used by Google to show a summary of what the site is about. Its not used, from their blog, for ranking. So if someone has copied your summary then they've copied your content - I would report it just to find out what Google say. To me its no different than copying your home page or your logo.

There probably isnt a lot you can do apart from name and shame but this is probably someone who is above shameless...sorry its happened.

Well, this is news to me that the page description is technically content. Do you have anything that supports that position?

K

Kieran

In Cork we call it cogging and to be honest putting all the definitions in the world and Ltds and legal crap (first time using a curse word in this forum btw) does not take away from the fact.

Forbairt created something for a client.
Someone else copied the part that was getting him good results word for word.

Let me clarify there isn't a person out there I bet who doesn't look at their competitors in their niche at their keywords, meta and maybe even does a side by side analysis for density and placement.

But FFS (oops sort of second curse) we arent thick enough to go off and copy it word for word - well not the people who subscribe to this forum.

That's my end of contribution to this as to be honest as Yoga does nothing for me I'm off to the wedding dress forum for the rest of the day.

nevf

In Cork we call it cogging and to be honest putting all the definitions in the world and Ltds and legal crap (first time using a curse word in this forum btw) does not take away from the fact.

Forbairt created something for a client.
Someone else copied the part that was getting him good results word for word.

Let me clarify there isn't a person out there I bet who doesn't look at their competitors in their niche at their keywords, meta and maybe even does a side by side analysis for density and placement.

But FFS (oops sort of second curse) we arent thick enough to go off and copy it word for word - well not the people who subscribe to this forum.

That's my end of contribution to this as to be honest as Yoga does nothing for me I'm off to the wedding dress forum for the rest of the day.

Yeah, we call it cogging too.
But yes, I agree completely...

Call a shovel a shovel here. Wrong has been done and legalities are for when you go to court. I fully sympathise with Forbairt here. Using "Section whatever of the whatever act" is a cover-up argument. Cop on, and learn to use your own stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.