availability string for whois.domainregistry.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

does anybody know it - i have been trying for ages - i can get basically any domain in the world but not our own one :mad:

i think i'm right that the server is whois.domainregistry.ie

i have tried for the avail string all the usuals no match, no entries found ,free etc

any help gratefully rec.IE.ved :confused:

{sorry just read post and i think it might be unclear - i am trying to get a script working to check domain availability }

jmcc

does anybody know it - i have been trying for ages - i can get basically any domain in the world but not our own one :mad:

i think i'm right that the server is whois.domainregistry.ie

i have tried for the avail string all the usuals no match, no entries found ,free etc

any help gratefully rec.IE.ved :confused:

{sorry just read post and i think it might be unclear - i am trying to get a script working to check domain availability }
Try "Not Registered"

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

thanks so much - have been messing with that most of the evening - :eek:
That's the command line whois result. It appears in the whois webpage as well but you may have to do a bit of regexp parsing. I think that each line for the whois result starts with a % character so this could be added to the string as well.

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
"not registered" should work fine.

Which script are you using?

I wouldn't bother writing a whois script since there are so many available already

On a sidenote .. Unless you are careful you will get your IP banned from the IEDR's whois.

Spiralli

What is the limit? I'm using a script for this, but would be issuing only a few requests a day most of the time.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You'd have to talk to the IEDR about limits etc.,

FYI - most registries have limits.

byronyasgur

i see you have a script on your own site, do you mind me asking - do have some way of checking if an ip is abusing the script or ...... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.