Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Folks this is something I didn't want to post but I've been requested to do so as some of you had been involved with Dave and probably have no idea what has happened.

On 28th Dec Dave Rooney took his own life, he suffered from depression for many years and struggled getting through day to day life. I'll give him one thing, he was very good at hiding the fact that he was hurting. I had no idea myself and I spoke with him nearly every day for the past 3 years and to be honest, I thought the news was a sick prank.

I know some of you met him offline and were in touch about various things. His brother in law made a closing post on Dave's blog for anyone wanting to leave a comment.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I saw the post the other day and was talking to one of his colleagues who is also a member here. I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate to post about it or what to do exactly.

Very sad

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I saw that to and didn't know what to say. It is so sad. I also lost my cousin this Christmas to a brain hemorrhage, there is nothing more sad than watching a parent bury their child.

Billy's post on Davids blog is very moving, and my thoughts are with his family.

davidbehan

My condolences to his friends and family. It is the most difficult part of life anyone has to deal with and made even more difficult during the Christmas period.

I read the blog on irishdeveloper.com the other day and was very moved.

RIP

TheMenace

Absolutely tragic and so young. I met Dave once last Summer and he seemed like a very happy and friendly guy. My thoughts are with his family. May he rest in peace.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Very sad indeed :( I didn't know him as such but had checked out his blog and posts from time to time.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.