Status
Not open for further replies.

sheils65

I wish! Very cynical Forbairt!

I'm just starting out in web design after years in print design so this is far beyond me but from a purely graphic design point of view I'm afraid I'm sticking with my original comment. I would certainly have claimed it if it was mine :p

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing

I'm just starting out in web design after years in print design so this is far beyond me but from a purely graphic design point of view I'm afraid I'm sticking with my original comment. I would certainly have claimed it if it was mine :p

That I am ... I'm afraid.

...so apologies if it isn't yours.

I see the same table based designs.
Same hosting company
Same dns servers ... and I assume things especially when I don't think the site is that great to warrant being in the best site of the week thread.

Black background and white ... are giving it a bit too high a contrast or some such thing.

The logo is slightly too faded.

The flash menu is as I originally stated annoying as hell. It also will mean that the pages don't get indexed potentially

The poodle has a strong reflection ... yet this isn't consistant with the other images on the rest of the site.

Business numbers and so on aren't included on the site (irish law I think dictates that a business shows its number online)

Application form is a word document ... surely a PDF would be better and cross platform independant

No sitemap available though there are only the 5 pages I guess it doesn't matter that much.

About us has a stronger feel to it. (the logo actually works better there for me. the silhouette (spelling) doesn't work for me on this page.

I don't like the internal scrolling on the Salon page.

Basket of dogs on the school page is chopped off.

Use of a yahoo email address in this day and age ? :( not the best thing. If they are going to market themselves market themselves properly (Blacknight did a podcast on this recently)

Its a table based design

There is heavy use of fonts

Lack of h tags

Use of bold instead of strong

popups for the gallery ... I'd be inclined to go with JS lightbox effect ...

(God damn ... I think I'm grumpy this morning... lack of sleep) ... anyways .. while I like the pictures of the dogs ... I don't think the site merits Best site of the week ... thats possibly just my opinion however. (And please note my own sites no doubt are guilty of a multitude of the aforementioned sins)

sheils65

Just found it when my dog needed a haircut :)

But you're right, when compared to the previous nomination it's a "nice" site rather than "best" site. Sorry, fairly new to the forum and web design so easily impressed!

Your detailed critique was interesting, I'll bear the points in mind when doing my own sites.

Dotwebs

Using flash on the navigation - not a good idea. Ah, but it is nice.. cute! I would've been tempted to add the rhododendrons to the top to reflect the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.