BestGarages.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestgarages

Hi all,

new to forum but seems to be a mine of information and exactly what I've been looking for!

Firstly, new site I set up based on experiences (good and bad) in getting my car serviced. Would appreciate your thoughts!
Best Garages | Garage reviews ireland | Irish garage rankings

Now, I've been through a few iterations of design and functionality, initially it was more a 'ratemygarage' site but for a couple of reasons (legal issues with libel etc., and the fact that many would simply use it to flame garages) I have now focused on trying to promote the good, i.e. recommend where you would get your car serviced/valets/sold etc.

Anyway, it seems to be getting fairly good feedback now but the exposure is still very small, despite me trying to get it onto newspapers/pr etc.. this seems to be my biggest challenge.

I have some interesting ideas for the future if it takes off to set up a bestgarages charter for garages to sign up to, as well as a yearly rating awards etc.. but baby steps first!

All comments are welcome..

thanks
Cyril

paul

Ninja
nice idea

one question is there any reason you don't use something like the number plate extensions for this map

like C for Cork , D for Dublin ? Some of them are correct, and others are kind of made up.

bestgarages

Hi Paul, thats a good point! I actually thought they were the same but now you point them out I notice they aren't!!

I'll revise these!
Cheers.

ziycon

Liking the site, only thing i'll say is the latest news box on the top right goes a bit fast, maybe slow the messages down to give people a bit more time to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.